Monday, March 26, 2012

Elder Jordan Keele, Mar. 26, 2012

Dear family,

My former companion, E. Terry, is Peruano and he had visa issues, so he came as soon as his visa got in. He went to stake Aragon, only like 20 minutes away from me, but it's a different zone.

I have a new companion. His name is Elder Hoover. Fortunately I got to stay in my area. I really love it here and there are always so many people and families around that are willing to listen. I've already learned a lot from E. Hoover. He's a convert from Los Angeles of 3 years. He's the only member of all his family, and they weren't very happy of his decision to go on a mission... but at least I am :) We've had a great week, and I'm sure we'll continue to be happy and have success as we put the Lord in charge of all we do.

Ha ha. Those early morning piano lessons were definitely worth it. In fact, yesterday Elder Hoover and I did a special musical number in Sacrament meeting. He's a great singer, and I played the piano for him. It was really good. The members seemed to really feel the spirit. Incluso el patriarca que se levantó para discursar justo después y casi no pudo hablar... tuvo dificultades controlando las lágrimas. Estuvo bueno.

As I wrote you earlier, I did feel the earthquake. Because of some last minute packing, we didn't get to the traditional "Burger King breakfast right before changes meeting" this time, but it's ok. That wasn't very important. I was in a taxi and definitely felt the earthquake, but it really didn't effect me. I guess you could say it was kind of cool :)

Nathan, I really don't know what to tell ya :) Maybe we'll talk some after I return ha ha.

Jessica, I really don't know what to tell you either :) I'm sure we'll do some talking after the mission.

I'm stoked for conference. We'll be going to the stake center chapel in Ward Campestre Aragon in our stake Vergel. It's only about a 25 peso taxi ride there, but I'm sure we'll hitch a ride with some members or hopefully investigators. I'm sure it'll be a great weekend.

We're off to get a new mattress for my companion... he's not a big fan of having the springs spear through his back as he's trying to sleep :) weird...jk. I love you all and pray that you continue to stay safe and be good... at least until I get home :) ha ha

Love,

Elder Jordan Keele

No comments:

Post a Comment