Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Elder Jordan Keele- Dec. 19, 2011

Hola familia,

We had an investigator come to church yesterday!!! I had forgotten how amazing it felt to have someone actually make that step :( With all the Pachuca trips, tithing settlement, membership audits, and other things, we've been so busy lately, and we've had very little time during the week to proselyte like normal. However, we had our Branch Christmas party on Saturday, and that was very special. About a week and a half ago we had invited an investigator to church and to the party, but she didn't show much enthusiasm for either one. But as my companion and I and the primary kids were rehearsing for the nativity, Sara walked in! Come to find out, a member here also had invited her to the dinner and so that's why she came. Then she returned Sunday morning to church. Ah, life is good again :)

I still haven't been told if I'm leaving next week or not, but it's hard not to know. I've become great friends with all the members, and it'll be impossible to say goodbye to all of them in one day if that were to be the case. However, I have complete confidence that the Lord will help me do everything I need to accomplish as long as I do my best. We've had to go to Pachuca this month for lots of different reasons. Once for Zone Conference, another time for a meeting for district leaders (even though I'm really not a DL, but just because we don't belong to a district of Elders. We're out on our own here in Molango), another time to Mexico for my Visa renovation, again for the temple thing.... just lots of different reasons. We normally only have to go twice a month, but this month as been four times, and maybe 5 times if I have changes next week.

El-Dere-Keele sounds like he's doing so great! It's so nice to hear from him as a missionary. I know he's already blessing many lives there in the MTC, back at home, and at least one here in Mexico. :) Last Tuesday night I'm sure was a very special evening for all of you.

I don't think I mentioned last week that we were able to call Brother Beltran from the branch as the second counselor when Pres. Hicken came to visit. We're an independent branch, so Pres. Hicken is essentially the Stake President. It's going to be really good for the branch and for his family as well. He has a lot of enthusiasm, and he's got an amazingly solid testimony.

I'll plan to call at 3:30 my time then. I'll give you a call though Sunday at 12 or 1 just to confirm... if you don't answer (because I don't know what time your church is) then I'll just call every 30 minutes until you do. I'm so excited for the skype calls!! I'll probably just use a members account, so don't be afraid to answer it if it says it's from a woman. :)

Lately I've been reading a lot in Jesus the Christ as well as the December Liahona, and I've truly come closer to my Savior this Christmas season. It's probably just the missionary in me that's speaking, but as I see all the decorations here, and the Santa focus, and other such manners of celebration, I haven't gotten so excited this time. It's when I read about, hear about, or talk about my Savior that I've really felt the spirit of Christmas. All the other hoopla is fun, but it's a different feeling. I love my Redeemer so much and am so grateful for all that He's done and continues to do for me.

It sounds like a very busy time for the Cook family, but it's sure to be a beautiful time as well. Please tell Bro. Allen thank you very much for his support. Thanks for always watching out for me. Like I've mentioned, I hope not to need the money but I'm glad to know that it's there in case of necessity.

Have a wonderful time preparing for Christmas, and enjoy this special holiday season! I love you all so much, and I think every week that love just continues to grow stronger and stronger. I'll see you on Sunday!

With much love and a big spirit of CHRISTmas (which translates to 'More Christ' in Spanish, almost ha ha),

Elder Jordan Keele

No comments:

Post a Comment