Saturday, December 31, 2011

Elder Jordan Keele- Dec. 26, 2011

Hola hola,

Wow, time really flies. It seems like just yesterday that I was talking in the living room with all of you! Things were kind of crazy yesterday, I'm sorry if I wasn't able to give my full attention to you at home, but I promise I had been looking forward to that for 7 months, and it came and went too quickly. But that's what the Lord's plan is at this time, so that makes me happy. I was having so many emotions yesterday that I just didn't know what to do. Just to name a few.... it was Christmas, I had to give a talk (and Saturday night and Sunday morning I felt prompted to not give the talk I had prepared, so that added to the emotion), we had the lowest attendance in the branch in over a year, of 12 people, Brother Beltran was the only member of the Presidency there and it was his first time conducting, so I was right there with him the whole way, obviously I got to talk to all of you! and then about the changes and saying goodbye to people.... I'm exhausted. We left at 6 this morning and are here in Pachuca. I find out tomorrow who my companion will be and where I'll be serving for this next chapter of my mission.

It was special though because we announced in Sacrament meeting that those who would like to come with us to give the Sacrament to an elderly sister and sing hymns with us for her were more than welcome to come. Chucho, our house dueƱo came along with the Beltran family. It was a different kind of Christmas, but it was so special. There are sooooo many things I would like to share, but my time is short, and I'm sure yours isn't much taller either. But someday I hope to share with as many as would like to listen all that I've learned here in Molango in the last 7 months. I love my mission with all my heart. I would never trade it for all that the world has to offer.
The quilt sounds really neat! I believe that the best gifts are those with some kind of emotional value with it. I look forward to seeing it.

The FHE idea sounds great! I know that all who will be in attendance will be greatly blessed. It is a special talk, which reminds me.... I haven't seen it in a few weeks. I'll have to sit down and watch it sometime this week.

No mom, thank you! I loved seeing you all yesterday, even if you've grown a bit blurry lately. I just loved seeing all of your personalities and voices and stuff. Although physically most of you have changed, you're all still the same people, and that makes me happy :)

Have a wonderful last week of the year! Enjoy every moment of it ha ha. I love you all! Travis, happy birthday tomorrow, Derek on Thursday, and Mom on Friday. Eat some real cake for me!

Elder Jordan Keele

No comments:

Post a Comment