Monday, December 5, 2011

Elder Jordan Keele- Dec. 5, 2011

Hello family,

December is soooo busy and crazy. We had an amazing zone conference last week with Elder Benjamin De Hoyos. I ended up going Thursday to play the piano for them. It went well. Ha ha After a brief break between talks, and before Elder De Hoyos spoke, he asked me if I could play "Haz el Bien" ("Choose the Right"), and I told him I could. He then asked if I could play it well, and feeling a little sheepish and not wanting to feel stuck-up and all, especially to a General Authority, I kind of shrugged my shoulders to say "I don't know" ha ha. Fortunately Pres. Hicken was right there and hearing the little conversation jumped in and told Elder De Hoyos "Elder De Hoyos, don't worry, Elder Keele can play all the hymns and does a fantastic job!". The only reason I share this with you is because it was my little conversation with a General Authority! I had shaken his hand before that and told him I'm from Orem, Utah, but other than that I didn't really talk to him. But his talk was incredible! I learned so many important things. And as always, specific things that I really needed to improve on. I don't actually know where he's from in Mexico though...

I've been trying to ask some of the sisters that we eat with if I can come a few minutes early to have them teach me how to cook. I've learned a few things, I'm learning a few things, and I hope to be able to learn all things that the sisters can teach me. I'm learning to love to cook. We didn't have tacos yet... but I did buy some stuff to make hot dogs, so that was really good.

Nope, Ana is the pioneer of her family. Although we've been talking a little with her uncle and gave him a book of Mormon to read. I know by her example that many of her relatives, past, future and present, will be blessed.

Way to go Steph! It brings me great joy that my team is crushing all the others ha ha :)

Ha ha sorry Jamie, but it makes me laugh that you had to be without electricity for a day. In fact, Saturday evening the power went out in Molango and didn't come back until Sunday morning. But that happens at least once a week. Sometimes for an hour, other times for a day. When I was a kid, I always hoped for a cool power outage, but I think I've had all the fun that's possible to have during those dark times. But that sounds like a lot of damage though, hope things are fixable.

On Christmas, I think we'll just have Sacrament meeting at 10:00, and possibly eat with a member, but I can work around your schedule. I would say anytime after 12:00 my time. I don't know what the time difference is right now. Is it possible to have a 3 way skype call? Because I really would love to hear Jessica's voice. The cell phone I'm using in my area has unlimited minutes to anywhere... so it'll be easier to communicate with you beforehand. If a 3 way skype call isn't possible, I'll ask permission from Pres. Hicken to talk to Jess for even just 15 minutes or something. Also, I'd like to talk to Derek.... before he leaves maybe? That is if he can't for Christmas in the MTC. Pres. Hicken is coming to Molango this Sunday so I can ask him there. But I'd like to call this Sunday to Derek if I can. Sorry to be so confusing, hope you understand.

Love Elder Jordan Keele

No comments:

Post a Comment