Monday, December 5, 2011

Hna. Jessica Keele- Dec. 5, 2011

Hola familia!! :)

Yes, there was water in the church yesterday!!! :) Actually we went to the church last Friday to check out the baptismal clothes and (tender mercy) the water fixing guy just happened to be there! He was going to explain to us what we had to do and then he said, "Nah, I´ll just come Sunday if you need me to! Do you want me to?"
Well sure!! haha So he did!!! And he made sure there was water for the baptism! :) The Gambarte girls, Ariana and Eliana got baptized! :) They are so cute!! I am going to have my companion send me a couple of the baptism pictures so I can send them to you too!

Well, we finally saw Gilbert again... he´s moving! haha Goodness! We have spent so much time trying to track him down and then last Monday after leaving from an appointment with Marybel, we saw him walking on the street! "GILBERT" He acted like it was no big deal. He asked if we wanted to come the next day? So we did. We went, talked about the restoration again, and the importance of acting on what we know. He said he still believes that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that Joseph Smith was a true prophet, but he still does not want to give up his hip hop group in his "other" church. Oi! :(

Ariel didn´t come to church yesterday. Well, actually he said he did and then went back because his stomach wasn´t feeling well. Hopefully he´s better now, but Satan's been working hard on him. It´s been 3 weeks since he or his girlfriend have come to church for whatever excuses they seem to be finding. He did however accept a new baptismal date for the 24th of December! We think it will be a better motivator to be able to give up smoking and then be reborn if he does it as a Christmas gift to the Savior! So we´ll be trying to help him have a greater understanding of his Savior over these next couple weeks :)


Way to go Steph!! You basketball pro you! :P

That´s cool that you met Elders who are coming here. Just remember to tell anyone you meet going to this mission that they´ll have the best mission president!!! :D

Gracias por todo
I love you all!

Love,
Jess

PS Well, I´ll just show you how I wrote my talk when I come home because it´s a mess haha
Computers are so useful!! :)

PPS I´m not sure, but I think they´ll be sending us an email about skype and telephone calls soon :)
- Show quoted text -

No comments:

Post a Comment