Monday, June 13, 2011

Elder Jordan Keele-June 13, 2011

Buenas tardes!

Que gozo es escribirles de nuevo, y a reportar en lo que ha estado sucediendo aqui en Molango.

It's been a really busy week this past week. But I'll just share a brief portion of what happened this weekend. We had been working with Maria all week long preparing her for her baptism and, with the help of the Lord, were able to get her all set and ready to go. On Sunday she showed up to the house of prayer with two bags. The plan was to go directly from the House of Prayer after the 3 hour block to the Atezca (the name of the little lake here in Molango) with most of the branch for her baptismal service. Maria had prepared 60 tamales the night before, staying up until 2 am to get them all done so she could share them with the branch before heading down to the Atezca. She's such a humble, sweet lady. She's really not a lady of much money, but she made it happen. At the baptism service, tears came from her eyes as one of the brothers shared his testimony of the plan of salvation. Maria had recently lost her husband about 3 months ago. It was a really good experience, and I was blessed with the opportunity to baptize her.

Gema is the name of the mother of the girl that died a few weeks ago. Service is really opening the door with her. At first, she was kind of hesitant. So we've just offered to help her set up her paper store. We've gone by a few times this week to help her out with it. She's getting more and more open with us and hopefully this week she can make it to church with us.

That does sound like a fun day! I love season passes. They're a great blessing, and the keep the kids busy doing good and fun things.

Jamie's dress really does look super beautiful! I'm so glad things are going so well for the wedding preparations.

That makes me really sad about the hamster. I didn't even expect these feeling in me and I don't even know the critter! I hope he'll be all right. And if not, I hope his replacement will be just as good. Steph's a tough girl, so I'm sure she can handle whatever the outcome may be.

I totally forgot that Dallin is going to do cello. Way to go buddy! That's awesome! I never rented, because there were extra cellos at the school, and my teacher never made me pay for it. I kind of lucked out. I've missed the cello, and I'm excited to get back to playing it. But good luck Dallin!

I love everyone today. Some days are just like that :) I sincerely hope everyone can take their challenges and make them strengths. Elder Castillo and I learned how deep Ether 12:27 can go. I think what we were discovering may not apply so much to English, because it's a bit different in Spanish. But it says that if we GO to the Lord, he'll make our weaknesses strengths. Not just turn towards Him. But that also means that we should never get discouraged when we're trying to do things right and things just seem to go wrong, cause that's how it's supposed to happen. We wouldn't be made stronger if we don't struggle a little bit. So go about your days with gran ANIMO and the Lord will take care of the rest!

Elder Jordan Keele

No comments:

Post a Comment