Monday, June 20, 2011

Elder Jordan Keele-June 20, 2011

HOLA!

Elder Castillo, (my comp) gets all the credit for that picture :) It was such a blessing to be a part of that baptism. I shared with Grandma a little about how the water was really cold, but as soon as I lifted my arm a feeling of gentle warmness immediately came over me and Maria. She's such a wonderful lady with a lot of difficulties that are slowly being resolved as she lives the gospel. She was confirmed yesterday at church.

Gema continues to put excuses for not coming to church. We'll continue inviting her, but we have to kind of move on a little bit. When she's ready, she'll come.

We taught a referral, 18 year-old Ivan. He's into alcohol hardcore. He drinks every single day. He also has some smoking issues. But he has a desire to stop. Friday morning we talked about the Word of Wisdom and challenged him to stop completely, and with a little hesitation, he accepted the challenge. Things were looking good into Sunday morning. He hadn't had a single drop. We went to pick him up for church, and he came and loved all 3 hours. He's a special guy. His family is all Catholic, and earlier his mom didn't want us to come. But after seeing him start to change, she asks ''when are you coming back?'' and always gives us some soda to drink. However, last night we called to check up on our new friend, and he had been drinking with his friends. It's going to be hard for him to get over this addiction, but nothing is impossible with the help of the Lord, and the prayers of many righteous saints.

Poor Johnny! And poor Stephy! I hope you can find a new one that she falls in love with.

The party sounds like a lot of fun. Although, it may have been more fun for everyone that came than it was for Dad, or at least at first. But that's usually how surprise parties go. Congratulations Dad! I don't feel like you're 50, and hopefully you don't either ha ha. But I heard a quote in the MTC that said that you'll be old a lot longer than you are young. I don't know exactly why I'm sharing that, but it was just on my mind. My companion told me his dad always said you're only as young as you feel. That's probably true. Age might tell you how old you are, but it has nothing to do with how young you are.

I think I remember seeing my cello book one time with all the piano books somewhere. If not, possibly in my cello case. I know that's a lot of work, but hopefully you can find it. I'm still way excited about Dallin playing the cello! Soon we'll have a family orchestra/band + drums and guitars choir! Cool!

Unfortunately the computer I'm using isn't ''camera capable'', but I'll try and find one next week to send some pictures.

I love it here, and I love Elder Castillo. We're kind of the same in a lot of ways, and it really helps us be better.

Elder Jordan Keele

No comments:

Post a Comment