Monday, January 2, 2012

Elder Jordan Keele- Jan. 2, 2012

Buenas Tardes,

Oh boy, where do I start today? My new companion is Elder Rubalcava from Cd. Juárez, Chihuaha. My new ward is called Pradera in the Vergel Stake. My apartment is in the Edo. de Mexico in the city Nezahualcoyotl, although more than half of my area is Distrito Federal limits. This place is HUGE! There are soooo many people here. I was switched in one day from a tiny town with a population of 3,000 people to one of the biggest cities in the world of 25 MILLION people. It's a little different ha ha. For example, three days ago my companion and I were street contacting and for literally 2 hours we stayed within 2 blocks, literally. Maybe 300 feet worth. We just kept going back and forth because there were soooo many people going in and out of a tiangis. (Giant garage sale-ish things that they put in the middle of the streets. Those things are nuts). Anyways, I love it here.

When I arrived, the apartment was a pig sty. Because it was a Tuesday, and we really should only spend time cleaning on P-days, we did a bit of sweeping and had to suffer through the rest for this past week. This area used to have two wards for the missionaries, but they just opened one of the other wards so we're only in charge of one now. The two new missionaries that came to open the new area (which is called Barrio Jordan, super cool name for a ward!), didn't have a house. We've been searching for one all week long, and finally found one on Thursday. However, the house owner was being a real pain (to use simple terms), and the other missionaries still haven't moved in yet. We're hoping tomorrow. So in the meantime they've slept with us, even though there's not much room. Looong story short, the mission brought all their stuff for the new apartment, and we have no choice but to store it in our apartment. So, it started as a pig sty, and now it's even worse ha ha. But at least I cleaned the bathroom today. :)

The ward mission leader for the barrio Jordan was a missionary in Veracruz. I asked if he knew Trevor Stevens and he said yes. He said Elder Stevens was a fantastic missionary. His name was Elder Gumeta. Maybe if you see him this week you can ask if he remembers him.

Aunt Louene's package got here last Tuesday. It was a 12 days to Christmas one, but it works out that it's a 12 days to "Dia de los Reyes Magos" on the 6th of January. So I've been opening one gift a day. It was such a thoughtful gift, and please thank her a lot for it. I love it!

Have a wonderful week. I hope all goes well with everything and that everyone continues to do better and better.

Elder Jordan Keele

No comments:

Post a Comment