Friday, January 27, 2012

Elder Jordan Keele, Jan. 23, 2011

To whom it may concern,

This past week has been a powerful one. We've had the blessing of teaching a lot of different people. Unfortunately, not many went to church. But we're pleased with the ones who did.

We were able to help 10 year old David get baptized yesterday. His mother has been a member all of her life, but inactivated for a while, and married a non-member. They've recently started going to church, (well about a year and a half ago), and the father was finally baptized just a couple months ago. However, the father, Israel, didn't believe his son was capable of making such a commitment as baptism because it took Israel "42 years" to make that decision. We read in DyC 68 about how it's his responsibility as a father to teach that doctrine to his son "at the age of 8 years". He had never thought of it that way :) It was truly a miracle because from what I've been told by the bishop, the EQP, and other members, (including my companion) that other missionaries have already tried to convince him with no success. Well, I'm here to testify that I didn't do anything. Ha ha, but God still can work miracles for those who (1) have faith, and (2) are obedient. I learned some good lessons from this experience.

I'm so sorry that Derek and Jessica aren't able to meet. But as Derek mentioned, if the decision came from God, it's for the best.

I had no idea that Nezahualcoyotl meant Coyote who Fasts. Thanks for looking that up... lots of interesting things to be learned.

Ha ha mom, you've still got 7 more marriages to go through! I guess we'll see what happens in April...

Nobody in the ward plays the piano, so I get to do the honor :)

There are a lot of sweet older ladies in our home ward. I'll always remember them sitting all together there in the back right corner in the last few rows. I look forward to seeing all of them again sometime!

I have no idea what the museum is, but we'll have to check it out. A lot of museums and stuff are closed on Mondays, so that's a bit unfortunate for us. But I'll try and look into that museum and maybe I can go sometime. I still have to go to the one in front of the temple too!

Thank you for your thoughts and wishes, and I wish you all success this week as well!

Con mucho amor y cariƱo,

Elder Jordan Keele

No comments:

Post a Comment