Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Elder Jordan Keele, Feb. 13, 2012

Happy Love-day tomorrow!

Ah, what a nice peaceful week :) However, the rat story's still not over... Oddly enough, last Tuesday that landlord asked if we had seen a little oven in our apartment. We told him we had, (it was the one the rat was hiding in, but we didn't tell him that). Apparently he had lent it to some missionaries a number of months ago and he had never given it back. So they finally asked for it, but we had to clean it first ha ha. Don't worry, there's no more blood or hair in there anymore :)

Ok, that's enough grossing people out :) We've had a progressive week. We knocked on a man's door on Friday and he immediately invited us in... he had been waiting for us. He's been from religion to religion but continues to feel "empty" and "hungry". We helped him apply Amos 8:11-12 to himself and we testified that he finally found what he's been looking for. He came to church with his wife and 12 year-old daughter, and they're planning to be baptized on the 26th. It's been a good week.

NOOO!!! Jess, you do need to slow down! ha ha I want you to be single when I get back! ha ha, Well, at least not married anyway. You just do what you know is right. I'm sure Steph and Tam are excited to watch the EJ's daugther.

I'm sure the new counselor will do a great job. Here in the mission I've learned that sometimes the Lord calls us as leaders because we simply lack those skills, and that's the only way to develop them. Other times He calls us because we have the experience and can bless the lives of many. And other times it's a combination of the two. We just need to be willing to accept whatever calling or assignment God wants us to fulfill. He knows why He does it, we just have to trust him.

I'm so surprised at how fast Derek's time went in the MTC! He's already going to meet his trainer! Oh how exciting!

I'm glad to hear Derek is doing well. He's in for what could be a rough few weeks, especially because of the Spanish. But I know he'll catch on quickly because of his previous experience. He's going to bless so many people! What a stud he is.

If you talk to him again let him know how proud of him I am, and that there's nowhere I personally would rather him be, let alone our Father in Heaven.

I know I say "thanks" and that "I love you" every week, but I really mean it. I think it's also been a blessing to be gone for so long and learn to appreciate all that is and has been done for me, especially by my Christlike parents.

Elder Jordan Keele

No comments:

Post a Comment