Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Elder Jordan Keele, Jan. 30, 2011

Better late than never... long story. But the good thing is I'm here now :)

What a crazy week. Lots of amazing things happened. Long story short though: Isabel is an 85 year old widow that lives alone. We contacted her in the street three weeks ago, and we've been teaching her ever since. She's the only member in her family, except for a nephew who pertains to another ward. She's always mentioned about her nephew, Felipe, and every time we'd talked about baptism she said she wanted to talk to him first. Finally on Tuesday we went to his dentist office which is in our area. I was a bit nervous because I thought "What if he's inactive and tells her not to get baptized?" etc. Turns out he's a member of the High Council of a neighboring stake! He encouraged her baptism, and well, it happened yesterday!

Isabel is so special to me. She's such a sweet older lady. She's humorous and very intelligent. She understands everything we tell her. At her baptism I was thinking about what a special opportunity it is for her to be baptized near the end of her life :) She's clean of all her previous sins, and I don't think she'll do anything to keep her from exaltation here in the next few years. That was a neat experience.

Wednesday night I was called by the Assistants that my companion and I would have special changes. Friday morning Elder Terry arrived from Peru. He's 23 years old and knows a lot of doctrine of the church. I think because I'm closest to the temple maybe Pres. Hicken put me as his trainer. But whatever the reason, I know it to be God's will. "His ways are higher than mine", and I'm grateful for that. I've learned a lot from Elder Terry in just the past couple days. He's great.

We played basketball today on a wood floor! We offered service last week at the local "Deportivo Galeana", and the man was nice enough to lend us the court, as well as an enclosed field with artificial grass. We had a zone activity there, followed by zone tacos at the church.

It makes me excited hearing about my siblings and their basketball activities. I can't wait to see them live!

Linda had written me a couple weeks ago mentioning the death of Jeremy. I'm glad to hear that Nathan is trying to be a tool in the Lord's hands to help others. Nathan, I know I've talked over many things with Mom and Dad that I may have thought they had never experienced before, but they had. Besides, they too have the ability to listen to the Spirit to help you as their child. Be sure to talk openly with Mom and Dad so between the three of you you can make the best decisions in those situations.

Lately, it's been a bit chilly in the evenings, but usually it's pretty hot during the days. However, the nights should start to warm up as well in February. It definitely doesn't get as cold here in the DF as it did in Molango. From my perspective, my coat is holding up great! I think that's a mighty fine idea to let future Elder Nathan take it on his mission.

I'm sure your two favorite missionaries will enjoy receiving letters from the family. But, just don't forget about me! ha ha

Thank you much and love you much,

Elder Jordan Keele

No comments:

Post a Comment