Monday, September 13, 2010

Hna. Jessica Keele-Sept. 13, 2010

Yay, you finally get to go to Boise eh? haha That will be fun!! I´m confused, we have a map in our room of Argentina and it says that Rosario is between Campana and Buenos Aires.. Is that right? haha Because that´s weird if I am above my mission into another one. Yes, I live on Avenida Mitre and right next to a freeway. My companion can hear cars all night long becasue she can´t sleep, haha. If you look, it's the first building on Mitre after Ruta 12 and across from us is a soccer field. No, I haven´t heard of missionaries living with members. Do you think saving money that way is another sign about being prepared for emergencies and stuff? Not sure, but here our president started allowing us to take a little more money cada semana.
No worries, I´m eating enough milanesa for us both!! haha OH, guess what? An Elder in my district knows the Krasnoselskys. Last week we were eating lunch with a member, Brenda Patzer, and she asked Elder Caon (because he is from San Fernando, Argentina) if he knows anyone from Rosario. Then he started naming a few people and apparently said Krasnoselskys, but he said it weird and I wasn´t sure. Then Brenda said, "oh yeah, they´re mission presidents now, right?.." So then I knew! Cool eh? And yeah, I hope I get to see Vero sometime while I´m here. That would be awesome! Is Magui still coming back too?
Eliazar! Amazing!! We only got to see him I think once last week. Appointments are not like I thought they would be. Basically there are none! We don´t have his phone number if he has a phone, so we have to walk to his house and hope that they are both there so that we can teach. We weren´t able to last week. We stopped by his house many times but he either wasn´t there or his wife wasnt there. But one time we stopped by his house and his wife answered. She said no he´s not here and I don't know when he´ll be home. We left and started walking to another house and then about 30 minutes later ran into him on the street!! And he was already in Alma! Crazy! That was days ago. I can´t wait to find out where he is now. He told us that ever since he met us we´ve brought good luck to his home :) I cant wait to teach him again. He said he had lots of questions. I don´t think I´ve told you about his grandson that lives with them. He´s probably about mid or late 20s and VERY "Catolico Apostolico Romano" and when we taught the one lesson in their house, he was walking back and forth in the room with music blasting from his phone and smoking. It was hard to have the Spirit. But anyways... last night we went to knock on Eliazar's door and no one was home, lights were out and everything. No biggie. So we turned around and the grandson was there with a cigarette in his hand (it scared me haha). So we said hello and just said we were looking for Eliazar. He says "I´ll go check.." Comes back out a minute later and says, "they said they´re not home" haha!!! Maybe the wife would say that but I don´t think she even would. She´s super nice too and definitely if Eliazar was there he would have come out. So I just pretended I didn´t understand and said, They´re not home? Ah, okay we´ll come back later. haha Psh!!! Little kids say that a lot too. That happened twice yesterday too. "Dice mi mamá que no está."[My mom says she isn't home] haha but no, not Eliazar.
Jamie moved out?! Donde!? Tell her to write me!! :) And tell RJay congrats!! That´s crazy about no MTC though! All right, got to go write el Presidente. Love you all!!! Take Care,
Hna. Jessica Keele

No comments:

Post a Comment