Monday, February 7, 2011

Elder Jordan Keele- Feb. 7, 2011

Hola,

Well, I guess now would be an appropriate time to tell you that we didn't end up getting a third companion. Since we don't have a phone, our nearest neighbor (who lives a whole 10 feet away, right next door), interrupted our companionship study Thursday morning to tell us that our leaders had called him to tell him to tell us that we didn't need to go to Aragon for the changes meeting. We later called our ZL's to find out what was up. All they said was there weren't 9 missionaries coming, there were only 8.

Who's ready for a pretty sweet experience? I know I am! I don't know if you'll remember who Maria del Carmen is. She was an investigator that we found and brought to church the 2nd of January. She bore her testimony of the Plan of Salvation during Relief Society. She informed us that she had to move later on that week, and I was a bit sad. Here's a direct quote from my journal on January 6th, 2011:

"I'm sad I won't see Maria del Carmen all the way through, but we did our part. The Lord's will is going to happen, so all I have to do is trust Him and do my best." We took down her new address, passed it on to the elders in that area, and that was the end of my seeing her... or so I thought.

I was transferred to Jardines de Morelos two weeks ago. Other than the fact that it was in my zone, the name sounded pretty familiar to me, but I couldn't remember why. One day, I thought to check my old planner. I looked up Maria del Carmen and saw that the address that she is currently living at is in our area. The elders that were in this area before me hadn't looked her up. I was so excited! We went to her house quite a few times during the first couple weeks, but could never find her at home. Finally, we went at the right time on Saturday night. Here's what I wrote:

"Tonight we went to try and see Maria del Carmen again. As we approached the house, we could see that the lights were on, so I knew she was there. As I knocked on the door, I was a bit nervous. It felt like I was visiting an ex-girlfriend (not that I'd know) that I hadn't seen in a while, and was unsure how she would react." Please excuse the comparison, but that's how it was.

Long story short she was there and thrilled to see us, and she's just as solid as ever. She's currently in 2 Nephi in her personal study. She came to church yesterday and just loved it. She lives alone, so it was good that we were able to visit with her and be with her for a little while. We're hoping to baptize her this Sunday. I´m so grateful for the everyday miracles that the Lord gives us to strengthen our faith and dependency in Him.

Have a wonderful week, I hope everyone never forgets the spiritual experiences you've had that you keep in your journal, right? Good.

Love, Elder Jordan Keele

No comments:

Post a Comment