Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Elder Jordan Keele- Mar. 21, 2011

Familia,

How are you all doing? I'm doing well here in Mexico. I love it here and wouldn't rather be anywhere else. I can't believe my progression, and I'm looking forward to continuing it. We had a zone conference last Friday, and everything that was mentioned by Pres. Hicken and the assistants seemed to be exactly what I needed to improve on. We've been doing lots of application, and we're able to see the blessings for it.

I don't know if I've mentioned Jose Contreras before. His wife has been less-active for many years, and recently they've decided to get involved in the church, so she called us over. Jose used to smoke 60 cigarettes a day back in December but wanted to quit. He did for two days, but his body just couldn't handle it, so he started smoking again. But recently we've been working a lot with him and this past week he's been down to 2-5 each day, which is a humongous improvement. His baptism is scheduled for April 3rd, but he has to quit completely starting yesterday. He could use your prayers to avoid the craving and remember our Savior always.

I'm way excited for conference too. Our zone is planning a ''bautizona'' for that day. All the baptisms for our zone will be held all together in the stake center. Our chapel is the stake center, and I'm assuming that's where we'll be watching conference.

A few weeks ago I sent with a member some letters. One was sent home, which included Nathan's stamps, another to Sis Alder, and a few others. I'm assuming you haven't heard or seen any of them yet...

Thank you so much for that e-mail. It's so true that there is nothing better than doing what the Lord wants, and knowing it. His hand is always in this work, and I see evidence of it everyday. It's amazing to have a front row seat to see the Lord work some of His greatest miracles. There's a lot of opposition, but that's a good thing. But with that negativity, we're blessed as we follow through.

When Elder Bednar gave a stake conference talk via broadcast several months ago, he said that the Lord sometimes allows us to walk in the darkness so that we can reach an even greater light. We'll always have the iron rod, but sometimes it won't be 'visible' because of our trials and difficulties, but it'll always be there, and we'll always be able to feel it, if we so choose.

I'm so grateful for the opportunity to serve as a missionary for my Savior. I can't imagine where I would be without it, but I know I would be totally lost. It's amazing when I actually apply these things I've learned from Dad and Mom, church leaders, the scriptures, etc.. The blessings just start to flow, and my eyes are opened so much more. It gives me a greater desire to share what I have with those who don't have it.

Thanks for your motivation, and for every effort you've ever put into teaching us the correct way to live our lives. I'll always be in awe of and deeply grateful for your consistent example.

Happy birthday Nathan and Mark! Nathan, don't get carried away with this dating and driving thing, all right? But, enjoy yourself!

Until next week, with all the love I have in my heart!

Elder Jordan Keele

P.S. Did the earthquake hit Guam? How's Diego?

No comments:

Post a Comment