Monday, March 7, 2011

Hna. Jessica Keele- March 7, 2011

Hola Familia!

Well, last night was interesting. First of all, a member moved into our ward about a week ago. He´s name is Joel, and he reminds me so much of Paulo. They talk exactly the same except he speaks in Spanish. He´s from Bolivia and he´s here studying medicine. He lives in an apartment with a bunch of students and has new references for us every time we go! It´s a gold mine! Last night he brought 3 of his friends to a family night we had in the church. The problem is 2 of them are from India, and they don´t speak Spanish. The good news is they speak English pretty well with awesome accents!! So, I got to translate the whole thing! It was crazy!! But I´m grateful for the experience, and the Lord truly helped me and my Spanish has improved.

We've got two examples of people that were truly prepared to accept the gospel only they did not know where to find it. Magda looked up our chapel on the internet from no more than a pamphlet that missionaries gave her in the street. She´s now reading the Book of Mormon, Pearl of Great Price, and a book about Joseph Smith. She has so many questions, and the other day asked me about what we can do for the dead. :) I told her that was another truth restored from Joseph Smith that we can do baptisms for the dead. Her expression showed so much happiness and relief to hear that answer. We still haven´t taught an actual lesson with her because she´s always on the move. But we have an appointment this week!! :)

The other example is Alejandro. He found an old Book of Mormon in a bookstore about a year ago... ?! I don´t know how it got there but again, missionaries found him in the street. He told them that he already has a Book of Mormon and wants to know more! He´s all alone, no brothers or sisters, his parents have both passed away, and he hasn´t been in contact with any aunts or uncles for about 20 years. We taught him for the first time yesterday and have another appointment tomorrow! Also, he said the prayer at the end of the lesson and inspired me to be more sincere in my prayers. By the way he talked to Heavenly Father, you can tell that he knows He is listening and actually talking to Him. I think it has a lot to do with Alejandro being all alone for so many years. But you can tell he has a very close relationship with his Heavenly Father. I encourage all of you to build your relationship with Heavenly Father as well. Just talk with Him. All the time! Tell Him how your day was even though He already knows everything that happened. He wants to talk with us. :) I´m so grateful for the opportunity that He has given us to communicate with Him.

Well, time to go. We´re going to visit my companion´s trainer. She´s from Kentucky, but she´s living here for a few months and is going to give us a tour of Congreso! I love you all. Keep praying and talking with your Father in Heaven. And show your love for Him by your faith and actions! I love you all!

Con amor,
Hermana Keele

No comments:

Post a Comment