Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Elder Jordan Keele- Mar. 8, 2011

Hola familia,

We visited Maria del Carmen on Saturday night and her 35ish year-old daughter handed us her Book of Mormon and all the pamphlets and booklets we had given to Maria, and told us that ''She's going to stick with the traditions of the family''. After thinking a second about the prophecies of the Book of Mormon, we figured it'd be best not to pressure her. Our mission president counseled us that we ought to ''Dejar y Creer'', or ''leave and believe'' her. She may not be ready yet, but if the Lord wills it, we'll run into her again.

Congratulations to Mitch on his mission call! I know it'll be something he'll never regret. And congratulations to Danielle too on starting her papers. It's an amazing feeling to be able to share this joy of serving a full time mission with so many dear families and friends.

Mom, don't fret about the package. I can't think of anything I need, but if I do I'll let you know next week, so if you wouldn't mind waiting a bit. Oh, I just thought of something. Marvin Goldstein has some prelude books I think called chains or something for piano. One of those would be helpful. I still play the piano every week, and our ward mission leader has arranged a weekly piano lesson starting this Saturday that I will teach. I think it'll be fun, and the teaching I did before the mission will really help me out. Thank you especially to the Wilcox family and the Goodmans for supporting me in that.

Transfers are this week, and the only change is that we'll be losing one of our wards, Jardines de Morelos, because there are a lot of new missionaries coming in. Starting tomorrow we'll just be in charge of one ward, Montes. It'll be such a relief and allow us to work a little more in depth and really find the people who are ready to receive the message.

Gracias for all the support from everyone. I hope you all have a good week and continue to be the best you can be.

Elder Jordan Keele

No comments:

Post a Comment