Monday, March 21, 2011

Hna. Jessica Keele- Mar. 21, 2011

Hola familia!!

Thank you for your prayers!! Jesus got baptized Saturday!! :) It was a total miracle! As of Thursday he was still postponing his baptism for April. But my companion and I didn´t lose faith and still told the bishop and our ward mission leader that he was getting baptized Saturday! But Thursday we had a powerful lesson on the atonement and enduring to the end, and he shared his doubt with us. The only reason he didn´t want to be baptized is because he was scared of failing the Savior afterward not because his daughter wasn´t in town. He was scared that when he goes back to Peru next month he´d fall back into the habit of smoking and drinking with his brothers. But he resolved his doubt and he´s so strong!! He asked to share his testimony during his baptism as well, So many people were in tears! :) It was an amazing week! He is an amazing example of someone truly trusting in the power of the Savior and his atonement!!

Well, today were transfers, and I´m in a new area. It´s so hard to leave Almagro and all the people there!! But I know this is where I'm supposed to be now, no? This area is going to be very interesting. It´s where President Gulbrandsen lives. It´s very rich compared to Almagro and Campana and it's HUGE!! It is probably because the houses are big so there are less people than in Almagro. But apparently there are a lot of members from the states in the ward too, and they give talks in English sometimes when they feel like it. It´s going to be weird!! I saw a TGI Fridays also!

My new companion and I (Hna Campos de Chile) got lunch at a little sandwich shack (Sanwich de Milanesa :)) and (I´m not saying my accent is perfect) but the guy that came in behind us had the heaviest North American accent I've ever heard. No joke, the pronunciation was like this..."Dows Hamburrgayzes". Ah well, I´m excited to be here! And with Hna. Campos. I´ve heard a lot of good things about her :)

Oi, es cierto!! Thank your for wishing me a happy hump day. I can´t believe half my mission is gone! Soo crazy!!!!!!!! The Japanese students sound fun!! I don´t remember the names and I´m not going to try, but I hope all is well with them! I love you all! Keep working hard, being good, and staying strong!!

Love,
Jess
Hna Keele

1 comment:

  1. I took part of a mission 2 years ago in Argentina. The gave us furnished apartments in buenos aires and we were supposed to stay there for a month teaching lessons. I learnt so mcuh on that trip that I believe the mission was also for me. South Americans taught me life lessons.
    Jules

    ReplyDelete