Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Elder Jordan Keele-May 16, 2011

Yes, it's time to write!

Another week that went by too fast and that included too many miracles. I don't know why my Father in Heaven continues to bless me so, but hey, I won't complain :) One of the miracles is that we went to teach Omar, Maite and Nohemi and Miriam, that family we found the day we were supposed to go to the temple but our mission president said no. We taught them on Saturday. We briefly taught the first lesson, then watched the powerful 20 minute video of Joseph Smith and the First Vision, and then afterwards we bore testimony and invited them to be baptized. All but the mom said yes! It'll be either this upcoming Sunday or Tuesday that they'll be baptized.

There are a lot of other miracles, and I'm writing them in my journal almost everyday. But the Lord is really watching out for us and helping us in every way.

We could use your prayers for Omar (17 yrs), Maite (14 yrs) and Nohemi (30ish yrs). As well as Saul (16 yrs). He's another investigator, along with his mom, that were a reference from Delfina and Diana. How cool! But Saul has an addiction to smoking and he also has a really bad habit of stealing a bunch of money from arcade games. But he, along with Omar are going on the YM campout this weekend, so hopefully that will help them. There are just so many things going on it's amazing that my body hasn't quit yet, ha ha.

We went to eat lunch with Jose and Olivia as planned, then he asked me that question, ''what do you eat in the States?''. I never know what to say other than pizza, hamburgers, and a little bit of everything. So he said, fine, we'll ask your mom then, and he asked for your number, and I didn't deny that but asked him to do it after I had left. He insisted, like you said, and there wasn't much I could do. I was a bit nervous, but you're right, it won't happen again :)

Mom don't scare me like that! Derek and Nathan, maybe it'd be best if you found another sport other than rugby that can't do so much harm, like croquette or badmitton. ¡Tengan cuidado!

Does Janice Kapp Perry live nearby? I'd like to meet her someday.

So I was thinking the other day about our covenants that we make doing sacred ordinances. Obviously we're reminded of our baptismal covenants through a weekly sacred ordinance. Are our temple covenants any less important?

Also, I like Joseph Smith's quote in the beginning of the Book of Mormon saying that ''a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts than by any other book''. How true that is. I've been doing a deeper and more consistent reading of the Book of Mormon this past week, and it's amazing how much strength I receive from it.

The man that gave our Teotihuacan tour last week was named Ignacio Salguero. He works on his own now giving tours, but he said that for that last five or so years he worked for 'Fun 4 Less Tours'. Maybe he's the same guy you had for your tour. He talked about the money system using those golden cups, King Benjamin and the ''natural acoustics', and the Beatitudes, along with many other things. It was really neat. I'm sure you remember it well.

That you all may continue to be safe and be good is my hope.

With love to everyone, Elder Jordan Keele

No comments:

Post a Comment