Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Elder Jordan Keele-May 30, 2011

Saludos a mis seres queridos,

The mission life continues to move forward. I guess I can't really say that time goes by fast, because it's always that way, so it's really not any faster than normal. But either way,

I have changes tomorrow, and the Lord is so super merciful to me. I'm so excited for my new assignment. I'll be going to a little town called Molango in the state of Hidalgo. Apparently, there are only 3,000 people there. A whole bunch less than what I'm used to here right next to the biggest city in the world. My new companion is a really good friend. He was in my MTC district, and he's from Idaho, Elder Jerry Castillo. President Hicken told me that up there they don't know much about the organization of the church, and that part of my assignment will be to help them understand how the church works. It'll be a neat experience. Also, President Hicken said that I won't be able to leave there until at least two people from the branch of 65 learn to play all the hymns in the simplified hymn book. I'm sad to leave Montes and all the friendships that I've developed here, but as it always does, life moves on.

I really hope all goes well for Bishop Christensen and his family. I'll for sure keep them in my prayers. You said it best mom, just keep the faith and all will happen as the Lord wants it to.

I'm being attacked by millions of mosquitoes right now, and it makes it really difficult and a bit frustrating to type when I have to use my hands every 3 seconds for some karate chop action. But whatever...

Thank you mom for your letter. I love hearing about the things that are going on back at home and especially that things continue to go so well. We're here on this earth to progress, so that's what we should do everyday.

I said goodbye to Jose Contreras last night, and he told me he'd send you an e-mail in these days. So it should arrive before my next P-day.

I hope you all have a fantastic week!

Elder Jordan Keele

No comments:

Post a Comment