Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Hna. Jessica Keele- May 23, 2011

WOW, today marks 11 months. Jordan just reminded me. It´s crazy how fast time goes!

Things are going good! I´m teaching English classes. It´s interesting. The first week we had 2 investigators, Andres and another member show up. Then last week 4 investigators and 2 recent converts came. Hopefully it keeps getting bigger! Andres said something I loved the other day. I can´t even remember what he was talking about but he said "when I was an investigator". He´s learning all the member vocab. :) He started inviting the investigators in the English class to church and told them that after his baptism his whole life changed. :) We didn't even ask him to. I didn´t even know he had said that until my companion told me later that night how she was eavesdropping!

I also got to be a witness of a miracle! My companion and I were the reapers! haha WE didn´t have to do ANYTHING! The first time I met Facundo we asked him if he had talked to missionaries before and he told us "yes, I want to be baptized". Turns out he´s always wanted to. There have been many missionaries teach him and the work was all done (The field is white and ready to harvest). Of course, there always has to be attacks from Satan before a baptism, but most of it we didn´t even get to see or know about until after it was over. But Facundo got baptized yesterday! He is a wonderful example to his mom who hadn´t been to church in years, but because of the desire that Facundo (11 years old) had to be baptized, she is starting to reactivate as well. His dad was very against it and yelled and made Facu cry! But it made his mom think and remember her baptism. She bore her testimony and told Facu that is was his decision. They are separated and she has custody, and he made the right choice. :) I love this family! We´re hoping his brother will come to church as well. He´s 21 and has never been to the church but went to the baptism last night. Our zone leader told us that he told him he´s always had the thought of baptism in mind! Hmm.. haha We´re trying to set up a family night with them! :)

Anyway I´m loving my mission, but it goes way too fast!! I love to see you all in photos! You´ve all changed a bit pero bueno, tiene que pasar. Oh, and thank the Knudsen family for me! I got a wonderful care package from them :) And I´m sure your package is here. I'll just have to wait until I go to San Fernando to receive it :) Thank you very much! Love you all!

Hna Keele

No comments:

Post a Comment