Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Elder Jordan Keele-May 2, 2011

Buenas tardes,

We changed our schedule around a bit for today so we could teach someone earlier today. It went very well.

Yesterday, we had the baptismal service for Jose Contreras. Finally! It was really cool because I got your letter you sent me back in March right before Sacrament meeting. Jamie mentioned that she had been praying for him, and I'm sure many others of you have been as well. Prayer is a powerful tool, but most of the time we have no idea what the effects were. It was a very special service.

Miriam and her family weren't able to come this week to church because some ''unexpected'' family arrived at their home. We hope to get rid of all excuses for this Sunday so they can receive the blessings that are waiting there for them.

But this week we do have a few other possibilities. Delfina (mom) and her daughter Diana could use your prayers of support. They've had some hard times ''betraying'' their family and for that reason haven't been baptized yet. We hope all goes well with them.

My companion is Elder Mohonri-Moriancumr Aguilar. Sweet name :) He's from the estado, Aguascalientes. He was a paid soccer player before the mission, and he's really good. He decided to serve a mission instead of pursuing his hobby/potential career.

Here are some suggestions for your Cinco de Mayo dinner. I love pozole de pollo. probably my favorite dish. With some corn things in a soup of shredded chicken. Add some diced onions, some cilantro, some spicy salsa valentina, shredded lettuce, and I think that's it. Corn tortillas are a must. I love it! For the drink, you could make a NATURAL watermelon, cantaloupe, or mango juice. Pùt it in a blender and mix it up nice and slushy. Then fill the jar with mostly water. Then add the fruit and sugar to taste. For desert you can try a nice pie thing I had made with cookies ''Maria's'' and it has a lime taste. Idk what it's called, but maybe you could try it out. Whatever you have, be sure to send pictures!

BOO YAH DANIELLE! Another Spanish speaker! How cool. Is it the same mission that my cousin Angela went to?

That is amazing of the little connections you find. The other day we were eating lunch with a member and we found out that my companion's uncle married the member's cousin. It was fun.

This past week, with that same member, we watched Praise to the Man. I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God. I know he was chosen to bring to pass the restoration. I learned this week that professor Anthon that Martin Harris took the characters to to see if they were correct, fulfilled biblical prophecy when he said ''I can't read a sealed book''. Maybe at that time the professor, or Joseph Smith for that matter, couldn't see any significance in him saying that or being there. But the Lord has a marvelous work and a wonder going on, and He knows the reasons for every detail in our life. We just have to fully trust Him, and seek his counsel in our daily lives.

I love you all! I wish you all a very merry Mexican May 5th! (Which, for those who don't know, is NOT the Mexican independence day...). I'm sure I'll talk to lots of ''borachos'' this weekend :)

Elder Jordan Keele

P.S. Gracias por sus sugerencias en cuanto a la comida norteamericana!

No comments:

Post a Comment