Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Hna. Jessica Keele- May 2, 2011

Hola!

Well, transfers were today! I´m pretty sure this was the fastest transfer so far! I can´t believe it´s already over! Hna Campos went down south to Rio Gallegos and her hijita, Hna Cariola, (also from Chile haha) is my new companion! :) ALSO, we are now 4 in our apartment, and I´m super scared because they are splitting our area in two. So I have a 50 50 chance that I'll still be with Andres and Abril and all of the investigators Andrés is bringing us. Then on the other end of the area, we have about nothing, so it will be starting at ground zero. I really hope I´m with them all, but I get the feeling that I´m not. They´re going to tell us the limits tonight I think.

But to catch you up a little, Andrés is progressing afúl!!! (a ton haha) He´s already a missionary! He talks with all of his friends about the Book of Mormon, how it changed his life, about the Holy Ghost and how he really feels more peace and joy in his life. Plus whenever they offer him a drink or cigarrette, he is an example to them by saying NO. They all laugh BUT later he finds out that it´s really affecting them. He had one friend Alejandro, who was Athiest, write him an email saying that he was starting to wonder whether God really exists! :) Another friend, Martin, asked him for a Book of Mormon. Another friend, Juany, told him he wanted to start reading the Bible and get closer to God too. His mom started to read the Book of Mormon without saying anything but Andrés caught her. His sister asks us for a new chapter to read every time we pass by. ALSO, he accompanied us on a lesson with Aurora yesterday and bore a wonderful testimony and he is preparing to receive the priesthood :)

Abril is also progressing! She said that her favorite day now is Sunday! :) She keeps her mom coming to church and keeps trying with her brother. She and her mom asked for a Book of Mormon to give to a friend that went to the baptism! :) She told us she wants to be a missionary like us when she grows up! Aww!!

We´ve got a baptism this Saturday. She´s 9 years old and her mom was a missionary but was inactive for years after she married a nonmember. But a few months ago her husband died in a car crash and she started to come back to church after that. Angela, se llama la niña, es tan tierna! She has many questions and got frustrated with the plan of salvation at first because she didn´t understand how she can live with her family forever! :( But she´s progressing and her mom is planning the baptism and inviting a lot of family that aren't members. It´s really getting her more active in the ward. They called her to be our Principios del Evangelio teacher 2 months ago and she stopped coming. She finally came back and gave her first lesson yesterday. So that´s progress :)

Well that´s about it. I'm very interested and wondering how this 4 in an apartment thing is going to work out. I want to be in my recent converts' area but I´ll accept the Lords will however it ends up. :( I'm very feliz!! :D

I love you all, and I'm so excited to hear you all Sunday!!! Wahoo! :D Make sure you are all there, eh? Love you. Keep choosing the right!

Love, Hna Jessica Keele

No comments:

Post a Comment