Monday, July 11, 2011

Elder Jordan Keele-July 11, 2011

Greetings to my fellow brothers and sisters,

We're definitely experiencing our difficulties here in Molango. But as always, we have many blessings to accompany them. The other day we were talking to our house owner about some leaks we're having in the walls of the home. At the end of the conversation, Elder Castillo subtly invited him, Jesus, to church on Sunday. He told us he'll do "todo lo posible" (all that he can) to come. That wasn't the first time I've heard that phrase on my mission, and I'll probably hear it a few more times this week... and with every other week for the rest of my mission. I didn't think much of it when he told us that. But, on Sunday morning as I was playing prelude, Jesus walked in the front door to the House of Prayer. I couldn't hold in my smile of surprise and gratitude. He's an older man, one of the most well-known and wealthy men here in Molango. He stayed for all 3 hours, and the gospel principles class Elder Castillo and I taught went really well. I know that if he chooses to progress, he could be a great fountain in bringing many other souls unto Christ.

I liked what you said about the Atonement. I love learning about it. On Tuesday, because Elder Castillo and I aren't part of a district, we just have extra long companionship studies. We read a talk that was given to us. It's an old talk by a BYU professor named W. Cleon Skousen called ''A personal search for the meaning of the Atonement", or something along those lines. It was amazing! Elder Castillo and I learned so much!

E. Castillo and I started reading Jesus the Christ as well together, and my hunger for knowledge is very, very strong. I love this infinite gospel, and I thank you for teaching us kids so well. I know without it I wouldn't be who I am today, and I wouldn't be ready to accept or understand such amazing doctrine.

The family vacation sounded like a lot of fun!

Dallin's a priesthood man, wahoo!! He needs to tell me all about it :) Who's in his quorum, who are his leaders, how he feels, etc.

Also Nathan needs to stop being a slacker! What ever happened to that EFY info you were going to send me?

We're starting to really get the piano lessons rolling. They just need to be a bit more dedicated. President Hicken is coming for branch conference at the end of August. The Molango branch isn't part of a stake. It's part of the district of the mission, so Pres Hicken is what would be the stake president of the branch. I would really like a student or two to play for that sacrament meeting, so we need to push 'em a little bit.

Thanks for all your support of everybody. It really is helpful, appreciated and felt.

Elder Jordan Keele

No comments:

Post a Comment