Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Elder Jordan Keele-July 26, 2011

Hello,

We did have interviews on Thursday in Pachuca. That's when we sent the package. I love Pres. Hicken and his wife. It's always a pleasure to hear their kind, supportive, and inspired words... especially in English ha ha. I honestly don't know how small comparatively our mission is. I haven't heard anything about it here, other than the two newest Mexico City missions are even smaller. But I'm sure I'll end up serving in the majority of the zones here, if not all.

Here in Molango the members are all so close, and we're all just family, especially those three kids in the photos. They call us 'Tio Castillo' and 'Tio Kil' ha ha. Molangan missionaries typically stay up here for a really long time. Elder Castillo has been here since December when he arrived with an Elder Lucas, who went home just before I got here. I replaced him. We're the only three missionaries they've seen here for about 7 years. We work so much with the members here. On the 17th we only had 17 come to church... the lowest I've had since I've been here. Then yesterday we exploded with 57, the highest I've seen. We hope to keep it up near there so we can become a ward and have a church building here!

Dang, Dallin! Way to go bud! I love the piano so much, and I can't wait to really get back to it someday.

Things are going progressively well here. We talked with Pres. Hicken about some things we can do to help it progress more quickly, and I know that will help.

Thanks for everything! Have a great week at camp, Steffy and Mom and Dad on Friday!

Elder Jordan Keele

No comments:

Post a Comment