Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Hna. Jessica Keele- July 19, 2011

Hola Familia,

Ah, Jamie I want to see your pictures!!!:D Wow and Nicole's! Is she married now?

Bueno, Sunday Omar got baptized! Wahoo, he´s so sweet. Hna Salas and Hna Bray first found him. He lives with a member and a recent convert. So when Hna Bray and Hna Salas left, we took over. We got permission for Hna Bray to come back for the baptism and surprise him! Omar was so excited he tried to hug her, but she explained how she couldn´t. Pobre. It was sweet! We had a lot of opposition with him the past couple of weeks, including from the relief society president. (Mas que nada because she was worried about us and telling us not to go and visit him.) The member Omar lives with is Hno Carlos. He lost all of his strength about 2 weeks ago and hasn´t been able to get out of bed. They don´t have money for a nurse to live with them and the nursing home won't take him in. Bueno, I don´t think you want all the details, but it was very hard for me to see especially since that was my job as a CNA, but I can't help him out and there is nobody else here willing to w/o being paid. Which obviously they can´t afford everyday. So about every 3 or 4 days some one comes in to clean him!! It drives me crazy. But anyway, we still went. Omar got baptized and we´re still trying to figure out what we can do for Hno Carlos and his wife Carmen.

Bueno, to finish I just want to say that my companions are amazing!!! haha Transfers are next week, but I don´t want a change! We went bowling today and it was Hna Alfaro's first time!!! She got 76. wahoo! I got 80... but I´ve played before. Sad! I´ll send pictures! I love you all! :D

love,
Jess

PS keep praying for Daniel. I haven´t heard back from him. But I'm sure something will happen this week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment