Monday, August 15, 2011

Elder Jordan Keele-Aug. 15, 2011

Hola familia y amigitos,

This week has been... interesting. We were called on Wednesday morning and told we had to go to Pachuca for a Leadership Training with President Hicken. That kind of changed our plans a little bit. We had to hurry and get things together, move things around, and we left at 5:00 PM to go to Pachuca. The bus had a bunch of problems and turned our normally 3 1/2 hour trip into a 5 hour trip. But, we made it safe and sound at the ZL´s house around 10:00. Then, Thursday morning as Pres. Hicken arrived at the church, he pulled E. Castillo and me aside for a 'Molango Meeting', something normal that happens about every time we see Pres. Hicken. As we closed the door, Pres. Hicken said "Elder Castillo, you're moving. Elder Keele, you'll be staying in Molango, and you'll be training." We're still not sure if I'm training a greeny, or if that just means I'll be training another missionary on how to be a missionary in Molango. But, we'll have changes and find out a week from tomorrow. E. Castillo has been here since December 30th, so it was about time he had a change.

Just briefly, we're working with that one family: Lucio, the husband and he's a member, and his wife Dorisela, and their two kids that are going to get baptized hopefully this next week. However, we just found out last night that they are not married yet, and we're still hoping to get it all taken care of in the next couple days so they're all set for Sunday. We're really hoping that they get baptized next Sunday so Elder Castillo can go out with a bang, but it's all in the hands of the Lord.

Wow, sounds like a really eventful day! And not much money was spent... I know that's how you like it, Mom, and those are usually the best memories anyway. I've never been excited to go to cemeteries, but it actually sounds like a lot of fun. And Hyde Park too. Now that I know a little bit more about William Hyde I feel that connection. It was fun to hear about all your little adventures, and I'm so glad everyone is safe. My companion E. Castillo went to Utah State and said that he knows Hyde Park pretty well, and that he loved it. Cool info.

It's got to be hard for Derek, because I know out of all of us so far, he's probably the one that is most wanting a job to prepare for his mission. But like you said mom, something good will come out of this trial and it'll all work out. One of my favorite quotes that was quoted by Pres. Monson is "Do your duty, that is best, leave unto the Lord the rest". I've found that to be so true on my mission. In the hard times where we aren't seeing much success, I know that as I just work as hard as I know how to and truly do my best, the Lord fills in the gaps every time. However, the hard part is not losing the faith, because then it doesn't work out so well. Just trust in Him and you'll be overwhelmed by the huge blessings that he's hoping you'll earn.

I love you all and am happy for all of you. Jamie, good luck this week in your final preparations. Take care!

Elder Jordan Keele

No comments:

Post a Comment