Monday, August 8, 2011

Hna. Jessica Keele- Aug 8, 2011

Bueno! Hola familia :D

Sounds like everything at home is busy but coming along! That's great! :)

I wanted to share a thought of one of the attributes I´m trying to work on... Patience!! I was reading in Jesus the Christ and Elder James E. Talmage was talking about the man, Jairus, whose daughter was dying. He went in faith to find the Savior so that He could come and heal her. The Savior followed the man to his house but while they were on their way, the woman who was sick touched the robe of the Savior to be healed. The Savior took the time to stop and find the woman who touched Him.

When I thought about the man's situation, he was in a complete crisis, no? It made me realize how impatient I can get especially during times of crisis. While on their way to save his daughter's life the Savior stopped. What Elder Talmage points out is that Jairus never showed impatience. Instead he was patient and waited for the Savior to continue in His own time. In Preach my Gospel under patience it says something like... Patience is the capacity to hold up delay without anger, frustration or anxiety. It is the ability to wait with faith for the Lord's timing.

That´s an attribute I´m trying to develop because there are so many things missionaries can lose patience over! So many unnecessary delays to our eyes that can´t see the future, but I've just got to remember that this is His work! He is in control. If He´s got the time to stop for another, I´ve got to learn to have the time to wait with patience. He is the one that is going to win in the end, and I'm on his team. Que Bendición!!

But then when I thought more about it it´s not just my missionary life that is going to be full of delays because before my mission there were delays in my life of plans that I thought mattered most. And there ALWAYS will be delays or inconveniences on plans that matter most to us. There was a quote in the same page of Preach my Gospel by Thomas S. Monson that I can´t remember now, but it was about that too. While we are in the moment of crisis or delay, we sometimes feel like it´s just happening to us for inconvenience! But the Lord is still in control of whatever that happens in our lives. He loves us and wants what´s best for us, so if I follow through with patience and wait for His timing, I can have confidence that He will always pull through!! :)

I´m so glad that Elder Talmage mentioned that because I would have never noticed a lesson on patience in that story. But it´s so true, the man never showed disbelief or impatience while the Savior stopped to find the woman who touched His robe during his crisis. I just have to be patient like Jairus in keeping my faith and waiting for the Lords timing in all things.

So, one other thing. I want to ask for your prayers. Andrés, who got baptized a few months ago, hasn´t come to church in a while and on top of it we haven´t had any contact with him for 2 weeks. :( So if you would please pray that he can have the desire to come back, we would greatly appreciate it!!! Other than that, everything's going well! We´re going to have interviews with President this Friday!

I love you all so much and thank you for the examples that you are to me!! :D

Love,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment