Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Elder Jordan Keele-Oct. 18, 2010

What's up my family?

Guess what.... transfers are tomorrow! BUT, I'm staying :) I don't know why, but every other "visa waiter" is getting put with another "visa waiter", except me. I'm not complaining, because the Lord is just giving me more time to figure this 'problem' out. This past week I've been able to do a lot better, and it's been good. I'm learning A TON. Apparently we didn't get everything done that we needed to, so there's still work for me to do here with Elder Cribbs. I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but I live with two other elders that go to the same ward. One is a "visa waiter" like me (Elder Hopkins). We've gone through many similar struggles and he's been a blessing to me. Some one to talk to and help me out. I'm sad to see him go, but his new companion (Elder Glass) was one of my best friends from the MTC, and they are gonna rock the town! We'll have two new roommates tomorrow, so that will change things up a bit. Plus, I'm behind on letter-writing, so today I can focus on that rather than pack. Ah, the tender mercies of the Lord :)

The Boise trip sounds like it was fun and it went well. That's music to my ears :) ha ha 27 people in one house sounds like nuts, but I'm sure it was fun just to be with family.

Jennifer has always been such a supportive and uplifting cousin. I continue to wonder why me, of all people, have I been blessed with such an incredible family on both sides!

So I was reading in the Book of Mormon, as most missionaries and members of the church do, and I came across something that I'd like to share. In Mosiah 5, King Benjamin is just getting done with 'General Conference'. In verse 2, the people all cry out with one voice, and they say "Yea, we believe all the words which thou hast spoken unto us...the Spirit of the Lord Omnipotent [has] wrought a mighty change in us, or in our hearts, that we have no more disposition to do evil, but to do good continually". Later, in verse 5, we see that they have all made covenants through baptism "to do his will, and to be obedient to his commandments in all things that he shall command us, all the remainder of our days". Each of us need to read and re-read, hear and re-hear, watch and re-watch, etc. the words of the prophets EVERYDAY. Why? A: Because we've been asked to, and B: Because that's the only way we can light and re-light that fire that I'm sure each of us have had, at some point in our life, to "have no more disposition to do evil, but to do good continually". That's all I have to say today.

I know my e-mail is fairly short, and I apologize. But we have things to get done, and I'm hungry because I ran out of milk and cereal this morning. Thankfully, we're headed to the store :)

As always, I love you all. I do. Have a great week, because I know I will.

Con Amor, Gratitud, y otras cosas buenas,

Elder Jordan Keele

No comments:

Post a Comment