Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Hna. Jessica Keele- Oct. 5, 2010

Hola! Yes, Conference was amazing!! Here we got to watch it live at the stake center. The first sessions were 1 to 3 then 5 to 7 (Priesthood 9 to 11 so the elders didn´t get to watch it, ha sad). For the first session on Saturday we couldn´t find the cord for the t.v. so that 3 of us could watch it in English. I was so depressed haha because I´d been looking forward to it for so long. But I know everything happens for a reason and the Lord wouldn´t want me to not get anything out of it so I paid attention!! haha And surprisingly I took almost as many notes as the other sessions (we later found the cable). But, it's crazy how much they mentioned how important it is and how blessed we are to have living prophets, eh? Like Jordan, I took it that I need to study more of the Ensigns as well as the Book of Mormon every day. I love this gospel and love living in these last days with modern prophets! I´m excited for the Ensign to come!
Tell Jen I´m sorry about her fish! She does have a problem with keeping them alive haha nah. I would like to support my brother, Elder Keele, in saying that I, too, know that her fish has gone to a better place, free of pain and sorrow, in a place of peace and rest. So, not to worry :)
Okay yes, we had transfers today so that´s why I wasn´t able to write yesterday. Hermana Peña se fue al Capital and my new compañera es Hna. Allen. She is from Highland AND she is the girlfriend of Hna Garcia´s brother (Jamie's last companion, who you had over for dinner the other night). He's on a mission in Brazil. Crazy eh!? But yeah, I´m here to stay in Campana for another while and Hna Peña has moved on to her second area. haha Crazy eh? This was her first area, 9 months! But this area is really nice! I love the people here! Members and all! And I just want to let you know that I am very well taken care of here! I love my mission! Maria y Luis say that Hna Peña y yo are like daughters to them. (They only have sons. haha 4) Last night they invited us to dinner and cooked my favorite, milanesa! Hna Peña told them that we had to hurry home because we were waiting for a call. I don´t know how, but they figured one of us was leaving. At 10:30 this morning, Hna Peña y yo brought her suitcases outside to wait for the elders in the minibús haha Well, they were late and about 10:50 Maria y Luis were driving by and saw us and had presents for us! Ah it was crazy because I was just asking my companion, Do you want me to say anything to Maria y Luis for you? and then "Oh! Never mind they're right there!" I don´t know why, but that´s happened soo many times with them. We always see them driving, and then they offer us rides. They´re so sweet!!
That´s awesome about Mike Mallory! Korea, that´s crazy!! I hope Leslie gets her call soon! Pero bueno, it´s all about the Lord´s timing and He has a plan for her! Let me know when and where! I love you all and hope you are all doing well and being good, in school and home and with friends!! Always remember that the Lord has a plan for you! And He knows it well! But it´s a mystery to you, so have fun in finding out what it is!! I love you all tonz! Take care!
Les Amo
Hna keele

No comments:

Post a Comment