Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Elder Jordan Keele-Apr. 4, 2011

Hola queridos todos,

Vamos a hacer las cosas un poquito diferente hoy. El primer parrafo voy a hacer en espanol. ¿Como ven?

All right, phew, that's a solid paragraph. It was a decent week up until Saturday where things just spiritually exploded! That was by far the best conference (for me anyway) that I've heard. It was packed with things just for me! I loved the boldness used by the majority of the speakers. It was wonderful. Words can't express how much I know this gospel is true. I loved the talks. I know Thomas S. Monson is God's chosen prophet for us. I can't wait to read them over and over and over again, and especially to truly apply what was learned.

We ''gringos'', as they call us, watched conference in the secretaries office at the stake center on a tv just for us in English. It was sweet! It was a lot of fun.

As for the bautizona, it'd didn't go too well for some of us, and for others it was all right. But that's ok, we're just going to have to work extra hard for next week.

Jose Contreras attended both sessions on Sunday. He's super solid, and he'll be a great member once he can overcome his one big setback of the cigarettes. He's down to one a day but just can't seem to let it go. We still have high hopes for him, and we're hoping it happens soon.

So Travis and Jamie watched conference together, huh? Any comments on Pres. Monson's priesthood talk or Elder Scott's message? Hmm....

What about Elder Robert D. Hales? Did I just not pay attention as well as I thought I did or did he not speak?

My dear friend, Elder Jared Hall, goes home a week from this weekend, and I'm pretty sure I said my goodbye's to him. He's helped me here on the mission more than I think he'll ever know. I'll miss him a lot. He's from West Jordan, and he's going to UVU in the fall. I know it's in advance, but he totally deserves a big thank you from the family. He's just awesome. Let me know if you have any ideas. He mentioned he wanted to go to the SCERA sometime, so maybe it could include something there.

I thought it was cool what Elder Perry said about how when our Sunday clothes deteriorate, actions and attitudes follow. Thank you mom and dad for showing us the example of how we can be closer to Christ, even if it may not be a 'big deal'. I also loved what Pres. Eyring mentioned about preparing ourselves well enough so we have extra things that we can bless others with, spiritually and physically. Salvation is a personal commitment, but we can surely help others along the way. In fact, we're asked to.

I have some worries, in a way, for the next six months. We have to be better as a people. If we are prepared, we don't have to fear. The Lord is our Shepherd, and our Father in Heaven is our God. There's nothing to worry about if we follow his chosen leaders, to the letter. Let's get on the ark so we don't have to worry about an excess of water. Thank you all for all you do. When you have done it unto the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto the Master.

As we were in a lesson with some investigators that we had to drop this past week, I thought of a scripture that I've read and heard many times, but never in this way. In 3 Ne. 12:48 (I think), it says ''be ye therefor perfect, even as I, or your Father which is in Heaven, is perfect.'' In other words, it's a commandment to obtain eternal life. So do it! I know we'll be blessed.

I know that's a lot of words to read, but that's what's on my mind at the moment. Thanks for taking the time to support me :) Have a great week!

Elder Jordan Keele

No comments:

Post a Comment