Monday, April 18, 2011

Hna. Jessica Keele- Apr. 18, 2011

Hola familia!

It´s been a good week. Andres, who I don´t think I have talked much about yet, first started investigating the church a few years ago but always had a hard time accepting ALL of the gospel. Like Elder Nelson said, He takes the cafeteria approach to obedience and does the pick and chose. haha Well, one of those things is the law of chastity which he never understood. Last Friday he told us (after we hadn´t seen him for a week) that it had been a very humbling week for him, and he´s trying to make a lot of changes in his life. He said that he recieved his answer and knows that the Book of Mormon is true, AND that he was starting to feel more "content" about living the law of chastity. He knows it´s not a bad thing and every good thing comes from God, right? He agreed to live it and accepted a baptismal date for the 23rd :) this Saturday!! He was worried because he has tried to quit smoking before but never could. My companion and I fasted for him Saturday that he will be able to have the strength to live the word of wisdom, and Saturday I felt impressed to tell him that if he´d come to church Sunday, the Lord would give him the strengh that he needs to quit smoking.

So it was very, very important that he come to church!! Also because he hasn´t attended church since I´ve been here in Vicente Lopez. We call him on Sundays and he wakes up but then later he calls us back after church saying he´s sorry but he fell asleep again. So we were scared he wouldn´t come to church yesterday. We didn´t have anymore minutes on our phone so we couldn´t call him early enough to wake him up. When we got to church we used the phone there to call him, BUT his cell phone was off :( We said so many prayers so that the Lord could wake him up so that he could come to church. But when sacrament meeting started, they announced Andres´s baptism, and he still wasn´t there. I started to feel bad but I just kept praying that the Lord would bring him to church and I told Him in my prayer that I knew He could make this miracle happen. I looked, but I still didn´t see him. Then during the last song Hna Campos turned to me and said, "He´s here! He´s in the back!" Ooh I was so happy!!! After church he was looking at his phone and seemed confused and asked us if we had called him. We said yes, but his phone was turned off. Then he said that he must have dreamed that we kept calling him because we woke him up and said we were waiting for him at church. We truly received a miracle from the Lord and He woke him up! I´m excited for Saturday. We also have another little girl that will be baptized with Andres this Saturday. Her name´s Abril. Her mom was inactive for years but just started going back to church a few weeks ago! And Abril is very anxious to be baptized!

Fun, I loved Españolandia!! That was really dad´s first time going? I thought I remember him getting in jail before. Maybe it was a school carnival or something, idk! STEPH!!!!!! Happy Birthday Tomorrow!!!! I love you tonz! Mom thank you for the handout :) There were very many good quotes! y justo estaba pensando sobre el templo!! I miss the temple so much! Go as often as you can! I love you all

Hasta la proxima!
Hna Keele

PS We could use your prayers a lot for Andres this week that he will be able to quit smoking and accept all of the requirements for his baptism this Saturday!

PPS Tell Rachel congratulations for me!!! :) And yes I got a letter from Ashley :D Is she still living at home then too?

PPPS In the package I could use some thick nylons for winter! It´s starting to get very cold! Black and tan. Thick thick thick!! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment