Monday, April 18, 2011

Elder Jordan Keele, April 18, 2011

Dear familia,

¿Como estan todos? Changes have already come, and I'm staying here :) But my companion is getting the boot, so I'll meet my new best friend tomorrow :) I feel so blessed to be a part of this wonderful work. The Lord never stops blessing, it seems that thats all he knows how to do ha ha :) I look forward to a wonderful week.

It sounds like everyone is continuing to do well. I especially love to hear about all the good things you're all doing. Family things, and gospel things. There's nothing more rewarding.

Congratulations to the best elementary school in the world: The Cherry Hill Mustangs!

Last night, I was attacked. I don't know what they're called, but it was a horrible 20 minutes. Do let me explain:

My companion was in the bathroom, (probably crying because he's getting changed tomorrow ;) ), and I was sitting at my table reading something. The front door was open, because it had just finished raining, and it was really cool weather. I liked how it felt. All of the sudden, I heard a buzzing sound, and I turned my head to see what it was. I saw a bug that looked like one of those giant bumblebees. It flew right in front of my face, and scared me half to death. I ran to my room and closed the door quickly. Within a few seconds I opened it slightly to see where it had gone, and I saw it on the front window curtain. I had no clue what to do. And then, the unexpected happened. I saw straight in front of me through the front door about 10 of the little devils all fly in at once. I couldn't believe it and quickly re-shut my bedroom door. I still remember that scene, and it felt like I was in a horror movie. Instantly as I shut the door I heard three or four of them run into it, making an unusual loud noise, and it really creeped me out. I had no clue what to do. I was as scared as a 2 year old in a dark room all alone. I said a prayer, and then tried to warn my companion, yelling, without opening my door. Finally, he came out and starting attacking the little creatures. I was too scared to come out. He opened my door after killing about five of them, and as he did so he let one of them into my room. I almost died. Those things were huge! Finally, I manned up and went out to help him terminate. He knocked one of them towards me on the floor, and it was still crawling, but could no longer fly. I tried to step on it to kill it, but I was too big of a wimp. I didn't like the crunchy sound they made. Anyways, long story short, my companion saved my life last night. Lesson learned: Never leave the door open after it rains. Elder Rodriguez M. ended up killing about 20 or more of them. It was a very scary night.

Well, that's the adventure story of the week. Congratulations Rachel on your mission call. I know you'll do great and represent the Lord well.

Mama, gracias por tus pensamientos en cuanto al Templo. Es un lugar maravillosa, y me encanta verlo. Un consejo para todos... como dijo el Pres. Monson en la conferencia, debemos todos tener un imagen o una foto de la Casa del Senor en cada cuarto de nuestros hogares. Se que al hacerlo, tendremos el recuerdo siempre de la razon por la cual estamos aqui. Que sigan siendo los mejores! Les amo muchisimo.

Elder Jordan Keele

No comments:

Post a Comment