Thursday, April 28, 2011

Hna. Jessica Keele- Apr. 25, 2011

Week of Miracles!!

Well, after the promise of going to church to be able to quit smoking, Andres was still smoking Monday and Tuesday. He also went to a party Tuesday night and told us that he had been drinking. BUT, Wednesday he stopped completely!! :) His friends offered him some and he turned them down! He was completely happy and excited for his baptism.

Then, Thursday night, he told us he wanted more time. :( He said that he knew he would be baptized eventually, but he wasn´t sure if he would be able to keep all the commitments he had to make, and he wasn´t sure if he agreed with them all. What surprised me was I didn´t even feel panicked, I felt peace like the Lord was telling me, "don´t worry, he´ll be baptized Saturday". We asked him a few more questions then got on our knee´s and asked him to ask God specifically if he should be baptized that Saturday.

So he did, and after he told us that he got the feeling of someone telling him "Do what you want Andres, It´s your decision". ... Dun dun Dun haha Then I started to panic for a minute, but a scripture came to my mind so I started to look for it and couldn´t find it. But, I stopped on another scripture and felt that I should read it, "Don´t fear to do good little flock." (D&C 6) As we read the scriptures to Andres, we could literally see his doubts going away. He started to smile. Then my companion bore a powerful testimony and he said "it´s okay, it´s okay! I´ll do it! I want to be baptized Saturday!" :D

The baptism was amazing! President and his wife came and a ton of ward members. Abril was also baptized! I´ll try and send some pictures, but I don´t have much time left!

But also, Sunday we had another miracle. We got a reference from a member a few weeks ago to go visit a woman who´s been inactive since she moved here from Chile years ago. Her husband and kids are not members, AND she´s a returned missionary. :( The member didn´t know the address exactly so she gave us a few directions, but we could never find it. Yesterday during sacrament meeting, we noticed a man we didn´t recognize talking to a member outside. The member motioned for us to go out so we stepped out and HE was the man we´ve been looking for!! He said, "I´m Catholic and my wife is a member of your church. She hasn´t come for years, but I´m worried about her salvation and feel it would be good if you could come and visit her. I´ve tried coming before but the door is always locked, and I can´t stay because I just told my wife I went to buy something". Awww!! So we went to visit yesterday as a surprise to his wife. When they answered the door, she started to cry. We talked for a while at the door and set an appointment to go back Tuesday! She said she´d thought about coming back but was embarrassed and offended and could never take the first step! Aww!! She´s super sweet, and we're excited to go visit her again!!

Okay, now we've got to go! I love you all. Keep being good and doing good!! Mom thank you so much for your handout last week I loved it! Steph, send me a picture of your hamster!!

Love,
Jess

P.S. The pictures are of Andres Y Abril!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment