Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Hna. Jessica Keele- Oct 10, 2011

Hola Familia!

Gillermina moved!!! Que loco!! But anyway, her baptism wasn´t until this Saturday (the 15th). Maribel got baptized yesterday with her son, Yahir! The wedding was short and to the point!!! There was a judge, Marybel and Joseph (the newlyweds), two of their friends to be the testigos, 2 members from the ward, us and their son, Yahir. The judge just asked them a few questions, announced them husband and wife officially, and they put on their rings, signed a paper, y bueno. That was it! No promised blessings or advice, nada!! I imagine it was VERY different from all the temple marriages that you guys had. (But they´re on their way to that one too!! They´ve just got to wait 1 more year to go :D). The baptism was "super linda", we had a lot of support from the ward! WE took SOOO many pictures. Since they don´t have a camera, we were their photographers. I even remembered to bring my camera cord today... but there is no place to plug it in on this computer :( I know I always have some sort of excuse not to send pictures, but I promise I try!!! Next week fo sho! ...unless, of course, one of us gets transferred. My companion's been here a long time. There´s usually no time those days. SO if not then the next week! Wow, I can´t believe how fast this transfer has gone!!!!!!! :(

Okay, so Saturday we had an appointment with Gillermina. Once we got there the guy that answered the door said she had moved. She had mentioned it but we thought it wasn´t for another month at least. We tried calling her over and over again but couldn´t get a hold of her until Sunday. She said she was in Provincia, (I´m in capital so in other words, she was too far to make it to church.) Where she was staying is not where she will be officially because she´s still looking for somewhere to move to. :( It´s an interesting story, but wherever she ends up we hope to get her permanent address so that she can continue on in the church wherever she is. Meanwhile, she promised to come to church with us this coming Sunday. :) Pray that everything goes well and that she can still get baptized and settled down in a good ward.

THANK YOU MOM!!! Very very much for the Conference talks. I've put it all onto Microsoft Word and made it the smallest it can go. I´m going to make my own little Ensign. So yeah, you can send me the other ones too for next week please :D Muchisimas Gracias!

I love that quote by CS Lewis, and that´s so true! Even with us, sometimes we get knocked down so that he can build us stronger. We just have to be patient and put our trust in him! :D

Congratulations to Shannon Peterson! :D Are they going to be staying in the ward then? How is the ward? Any new people? Any old moved out?

About the Christmas package... I don´t think I´ll be needing anything. Just the pictures and maybe some airhead sourZ. :D I still miss sour candies.

I love you all!!!!

Love,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment