Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Hna. Jessica Keele- Oct 24, 2011

Hola Querida familia!!!

Yes, I got my companion on time and everything. Her name is Hna Smith. She´s from Virginia but for the past year she and her family have been living in Utah. She´s awesome! I feel so blessed because she´s all ready to work and I´m so happy about that!!

Gilbert's doing great. He´ll be getting baptized this Sunday. Ariel is having a real tough time quitting smoking though. He is used to smoking a TON! He did get a priesthood blessing yesterday with the bishop and another member that his girlfriend seems to have known. And he has improved in building his faith also, so we´ll keep daily contact with him and keep praying that he can have the strength to quit.

Another investigator that´s progressing is Ruben. He´s got a lot of family problems going on.. For example his current wife left him and took his youngest son. To be completely honest, I think part of the reason was to humble him. Becasue seriously there was a huge change in him from our first lesson to our lesson last night. haha The first one he had a list of questions (he was an old investigator that we set up an appointment for) to try and contradict us and argue his points of view.Then last night he said, "look I´m really not in the mood to talk about the Bible. I don´t even want to fight or defend it right now.

But he let us in anyway, and we handed him a triple with the cover on it to read DyC 58:2-4 with him. He paused as he read it and said how he really liked what it said. Then he continued reading and said he loved it and how he felt a lot of peace and comfort. Then he asked, "wait a second, what book is this?" So we started to explain, but then he looked like he wanted to fight about it so we just said, "you know the important thing is how you feel when you read it! Like how you just said you felt! That´s how you can know this book is true!" His look changed from defense to confusion and he said, "Every time I see you guys you bring me peace. I want you to come more. Can I ask you one thing? Please don't stop coming. I need you! "

It's a complete miracle because last Saturday when we tried to set another appointment within the week, he said that´s way too soon. I was thinking next month. At least a week or two. Now he told us he wants us to see him more. :) We´ll probably be stopping by tomorrow. I´m super excited. The Lord works in mysterious ways.

I LOVE MY MISSION!!!!!!!!!! Just want you all to know! I can´t believe how fast it is going by.... It´s okay though. I´ve got a "fresh" companion who´s ready to work and I'm pretty sure that we´ll be together until I "die" with this new 12 week training program. OH, and just another perk... WE got a mini DVD player in our apartment now because we get to watch the District 2 DVD´s during our companion study. Our study time is also 2 hours long instead of just 1). We also get to watch other DVD´s, many of which I have had my entire mission unused because I never had a way to see it before watching it directly with our investigators. Y bueno I just love Caballito!! :D

Love you all!!! Thank you so much for all the conference talks! :D We were able to watch Elder Holland's in our district meeting last week. It was amazing but I´m excited to read it again now. :) I love you all so much!!!

Love,
Jess

PS. Diego´s doing well. He´s assistant to the president and loving every minute of it. Stefan is serving in AUSTRALIA... my dream vacation!! hahha

No comments:

Post a Comment