Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Hna. Jessica Keele- Oct 17, 2011

Hola Familia!!

I´m in Vicente Lopez!!! But just for today. Hna Iñigo went to Almagro and my new companion will be flying in tomorrow.. Hopefully. The volcano in Chile erupted again and with all the ash falling we´ve heard that they closed the airport again... Pero that´s the plan for now at least. :D I´m happy to be staying in Caballito! And remember the Sanchez family I told you about right before I left from Vicente Lopez? Well I get to see them again because we´ve got a family home evening planned for tonight! Que bendición!

I got your letters today!! :D along with one from Diego, Grandma Judy and Stefan (from New Zealand). Gracias a todos!!

November would be about perfect to come back next year, if not October. By then Maribel and Josef should be getting sealed together FOREVER in the temple!!!! :D Hopefully it will be the same time. I actually just told them last night. haha

We haven´t had contact again with Gillermina. I´ll keep trying to call her though!

I had a really good week :) There was a sister from another mission that called the offices and wanted us to see her boyfriend. She was a missionary 16 years ago, got married in the temple but it didn´t work out. She´s waiting for her divorce to still come through, and she wants to marry a worthy priesthood holder. She told us how she´s falling more and more in love with Ariel. When we first talked to her on the phone, she was sooo excited that she had gotten in contact with us. She told us "You guys will be angels for us!!! Remember what I'm telling you!!" So we´ve got some work to do so that she can still marry a worthy priesthood holder! :D He accepted to "prepare" for a baptismal date for the 30th, but he´s got to stop smoking and from the looks of it, he smokes a lot!! But he´s so sweet and so is she!!! Sometimes he doubts if God really exists and how he can know the truth or if it´s just a wish. We could REALLY use your prayers so that he can have the strength to quit smoking and receive an answer that the Book of Mormon is true! :D

The other person we are preparing for baptism is Gilbert. He´s Joseph Chavarry´s cousin. He´s progressing a lot and he´s got a baptismal date for the 30th as well. I´m so happy to see the family Chavarry so excited to share their joy with others! Marybel kept saying I just want to be a member already!! She and Yahir just got confirmed yesterday and are officially members of the church now!:D

I'm seeing so many blessings from the Lord!! Not only in my own life but I love to see them in the lives of others, following their obedience!! The gospel is amazing!!! I know it is being directed by the Savior! Keep studying it daily!! Mom thank you for the conference talks!! Keep them coming please :D I made a little Liahona and read them all while my companion was talking to her family yesterday for Dia de la Madre. (Y FELIZ DIA DE LA MADRE...AQUI) haha And YES, I´ve heard all about Elder Holland's talk and how él estaba "Bajando la caña" a los jovenes. I would like to read it! I love you all! Thanks for all your support and love,
Love,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment