Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Elder Jordan Keele- Oct 3, 2011

Dear familia,

I don't know where to start. So many miracles. So many good messages. So many blessings. So much happiness.

We watched conference at a member's house. We had some pretty good attendance, especially from investigators. The members are really working hard to give us references so we can better help the progress and development of the branch. I loved every bit of conference. Because it wasn't on the internet yet, we were unable to watch the Priesthood session. As a branch, we're planning to download it and watch it together on Wednesday. I heard it was good, and I just can't wait!

I haven't studied enough English to know what words to say to express how I felt on Saturday morning, and even still right now. When I heard Pres. Monson announce the new Provo temple, I was sitting alone with so much excitement and gratitude that I couldn't sit still. I didn't have anyone to express my joy with, because no one here understands the magnitude of what just had happened. It was hard to sit still. Then, I started doubting my Spanish abilities and thought I must have understood wrong. It seemed too good to be true. After the session was over, I went back and changed it to English and listened to that part again. It was true! I heard right! I can't believe what's happening. My new life goal is to be the first person to be married in the Provo Tabernacle Temple. Thank you so much for the picture. It looks so beautiful! I'm printing it off and putting it on my desk forever :)

I've thought a lot about how merciful God is to His children that do their best. I've felt his merciful love many times here on the mission. Especially at times when I may not have the best results for my efforts, or I may not have been as obedient as I could've been, but then repent and sincerely try my best. I felt a huge tender mercy when I was asked to be a trainer again after I had felt like I didn't do very well the first time. I felt it again when I was asked to come here to Molango after I felt that there were many other missionaries that were more fit for the job. And then I just felt it on Saturday. Even though the new temple is a huge tender mercy to many, I personally felt that my Father in Heaven was blessing me even though I fail Him so much. I need to be more deserving of the blessings he's already giving me.

Bernardina is progressing very well, and so is 18 year old Ana. However, Ana has a little set-back that I'm still not sure how to deal with. Three years ago, two of her little cousins drowned in the little lake. She was devastated. It hurts her so bad that every time she thinks about it it brings her to tears. It hurts her so bad she hasn't been down to the lake ever since. It hurts so bad she can't even mention the name of the lake, "atezca"[this is where the baptisms take place]. This morning in the house of prayer, E. Pintor and I had a wonderful lesson on the healing and enabling power of the atonement. It was a very powerful lesson. She has the biggest desire to be baptized that I've ever seen in anyone. We'll continue to work with her and prayerfully decide what we need to do.

I don't know if you can fit a little bit of 'love' in the package ;) That's all I care about ha ha. Seriously though, nothing comes to mind. But thank you for the offer.

Have a wonderful week, and get to work on your repentance- changing EVERYTHING that needs to be changed that's blocking you from receiving all of God's blessings.

LOVE Elder Jordan Keele

No comments:

Post a Comment