Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Elder Jordan Keele- Nov. 14, 2011

Buenas tardes everyone,

Mom, you're absolutely right, time passes by very quickly. There have been lots of changes in the mission lately, but that's pretty much always how it is. However, things have been pretty calm here in Molango. For most of us that is. I would kindly ask for your prayers in behalf of a member named Rosa Emilia. She's going through some enormously difficult family situations right now. More difficult than I feel comfortable sharing at this point. But I would ask that you may keep her in mind. She's a wonderful woman that's been through a lot, and she just needs to feel peace right now.

I'm so glad you had the opportunity to watch the talk (Jordan is referring to a talk given by Elder Holland in the MTC last January where he says that a missionary should never return home the same as he left). I really wanted Derek to see it before he goes. Maybe he can even take it with him and I can send another copy home for Christmas. Let me know if that's what you want me to do. And that's so true, Jessica, you can't go back! Mom, I don't think I'm ever coming home. It won't be the same anymore. My mission marks the point in my life where I've completely changed. Nothing will ever be the same. That's how it was intended to be, and that's how it needs to be. We're in this to the end, and while it starts at baptism, the mission really is the point where we realize all that we have learned is true. Derek, when you say goodbye on the 14th, make sure it's forever!

I'm glad G'ma Judy got my letter. Even though I don't really know her too well from before, it's nice of her to do what she does. It's fun to respond to her letters.

I loved the Salt Lake Temple experience! It was unforgettable! I know Derek will love it! What a good goal. I'm so proud of all that's been happening lately over there!

Wahoo Steph! I'm so proud of you! You'll be a part of the Lady Bruins! Ha ha the memories!! I remember that Mika Pinner played for MV when she was in 9th grade, and it did really help a lot. I know it might be difficult, but Steph is really going to make a big impact on the team. I can't wait to go to her games in support of her! Have a great season, Steph!

I remember Megan Goodman really well. She was a great player, but most of all she was a team player. Steph, if you see her, tell her how happy I am to hear that she's going on a mission. I never thought I'd write home about her ha ha. Anyways, tell her hello for me and wish her a good mission!

I look forward to hearing from Jamie and Travis. I hope all is going well with them. You mentioned last week that now that they've settled in you don't hear from them very much. Also, I was thinking (I know it's a bit far away, but so you can be planning it out), for the Christmas call in this mission we can do it on the 24th or the 25th at pretty much anytime. I'm sure for you, and probably for us too Sunday may be a really busy day. Especially for you with church, presents, family, and 3 missionary calls. (actually idk if Derek will call on Christmas... but anyway). If you want, we could maybe do it Saturday morning or afternoon. Whenever is best for you. There are a few members here that have skype capability, and I would love to do that again for Christmas. Something to think about.

Love, Elder Jordan Keele

P.S. I'm glad too that you didn't open all the files yet :) Don't worry Mom, Christmas is coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment