Monday, November 7, 2011

Hna. Jessica Keele- Nov. 7, 2011

Hola!!

Nope... Gilbert did not get baptized. He knows the Book of Mormon is true, but he´s not clicking with the whole faith = action thing. He didn´t even come to church yesterday... :( My companion and I had a very "fun" pressure filled weekend haha Ugh!! Anyway, we´ll see what more we can do for him.

Today we met up with our district at this restaurant that reminded me a lot of Tucanos because they keep bringing you more meat. It was so good!!!! The appetizers were empanadas. I first got a chicken milanesa napolitana, then pork with a sweet barbecue sauce, next some awesome steak and fries, and last their creamy delicious chocolate ice cream!! Oh, and instead of a chicken heart, the fear factor food for this place was a blood sausage. Google "morcilla" if you want more details on that. It spreads like Jam. =)

Are you getting excited for the trek? Oh mom, that reminds me about the time you asked me if I thought Jordan would feel left out when you all are gone for that trip. I can´t remember if I answered you or not... So now I am going to :) I am very excited to bond with Tammie, Dallin and Jordan on our weekend together!! I even had a dream about that last night! haha It was funny, but yeah I´m pretty sure he´ll understand. Fulfilling callings are important and we´ll make it fun! :D So no worries!

Right now we´re working a lot with a member in the ward whose name is Samantha who just recently got reactivated! She´s awesome!! She actually ran away from home when she was 16, fell away from the church, later got disowned by her family and started living with another family who was really active. In June or July she just moved into Caballito. (She´s 26 now btw) She´s awesome!!! She doesn´t have a job right now and she just signed up to feed us lunch every single Tuesday and Thursday in November!! haha She will be very blessed! We´re teaching her best friend, Conrado, as well. Every time after they read the chapters we leave them in the Book of Mormon, she looks up the cartoon videos of the Book of Mormon stories (the ones we always watch on Sundays) so that her friend can understand it even better. She´s an awesome missionary!!

Ariel still smokes like a chimney, but he´s progressing. We ate lunch with him and his girlfriend yesterday. (Oh, sad fact, I lost my camera cord the last time I promised you I´d send pictures and it didn´t work. Well I´m pretty sure I left my camera cord plugged into the computer and I haven't seen it since :( so not that you´ve seen a ton but you won't be able to see any more pictures during my mission...) Anyway, instead of a pack a day he got to 1/2 a pack over Saturday and Sunday!! PROGRESS!! :)

We´ve got our interviews this week, and I think President is coming to our apartment! I heard about that meeting of Sergio and Florencia in Peru. They met Pablo´s (hijo of the Vezenye family) mission president. He just got his call last week to Cali, Colombia. I´m not sure if President Gulbrandsen goes to another country for meetings. I think they actually do a lot here because President Arnold lives in our mission. Also, Elder Christofferson is here right now. I don´t know if we´ll get to see him but hopefully!! :)

And that´s about it! I love you all. Keep being good!! :) haha

Love,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment