Monday, November 14, 2011

Hna. Jessica Keele- Nov. 14, 2011

Hola!!

Nuts!!! If only you knew how long and hard I´ve worked to get a copy of Elder Holland's talk!! The beginning of this year president showed it to us all the time. I LOVE IT!! I´ve seen it many, many times and I´ve been trying to get a copy, but I was either turned down or I´d get transferred when I found someone willing to make me a copy. Then randomly at district meeting JUST last week an Elder brought it and gave a copy to my companion and me. I was SO excited to watch it with all of you! And now you already have it, easy as that! hahhaha I´ll just leave this one for my companion then. It makes things easier :D hahahha

Anyway, today we got tramites (visa paperwork) done for my companion so I got to see the Obelisco again! AND I was able to get the Christmas package you sent me! Thank you very much! No worries, it got here in time and no, I´m not waiting to open it :D just in case you're wondering. But thank you very, very much for your notes and the sour candies and pictures!! Love it!

Let´s see, this week was a busy but good, good week. We are working a lot with a part member family called la familia Gambarte! Just to explain a little bit of their situation, the parents are separated but they are living together just because he´s got no where else to go. They´ve had 8 kids together but one just recently passed away in June from a bad pregnancy. She was 16 and had twins, but they survived. When I first met the mom, Andrea, about a month ago she was very angry with God. We invited her to church and she just said NO straight up even though her 10 year old daughter wanted to go. She didn´t want to believe what we said when we talked about God's love for her.

But now it´s a lot different. We passed by a couple weeks ago and she´s in more of a mourning/sad mode. Her "husband" started getting really interested when we talked about being able to do baptisms for the dead. Then this past week we were able to talk more in depth about the temples, being sealed as a family and doing baptisms for the dead. None of her children have been baptized. After that lesson when she walked us out, she said "There´s something you guys don´t know, we´re not together. He´s just here because he´s got no where else to go. But he´s not good for the children".

Anyway, so they´re not together but they´re together. But it was good that he showed some interest because it opened the way for us to talk more about how she can see her daughter again and the steps she needs to take to be able to be baptized on her behalf. She´s still a little bit sad and angry, but she´s got some sort of spark of faith or hope because she came with us to church yesterday along with her amazing 10 and 12 year old daughters, Ariana and Eliana. She´s going through a lot right now, but Ariana just sits and hugs her every time she cries. The three of them came to Church yesterday!! :) We were able to have a member give her a beautiful priesthood blessing of comfort. She committed to come to church and pray day and night for 4 weeks to see if it helps. :D We know it will!! It´s sooo important to NEVER stop reading the scriptures, saying your prayers, and going to church! Those seminary answers are key to a happy life now and hope for a better life in the world to come!

Steph!! Congratulations on making the basketball team! :D Wahoo!! And thanks again for the Christmas package and your love and support! :) I love you all

Love,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment