Monday, November 28, 2011

Elder Jordan Keele- Nov. 21, 2011

Dear sweet family,

I think it was just last week where I said that time is flying fast, but I just feel the same. I can't seem to find a way to slow time down, so I think I'll stop trying. I gave another talk yesterday in Sacrament meeting, then the gospel principles class followed by the priesthood class ha ha. The brother that teaches priesthood called me yesterday morning and said he wouldn't be able to make it. Anyways, it all went really well, and I'm sure I learn 10x more than any of the ones listening, so I love to teach and talk. I just love studying the gospel. Sometimes I wish we had more time to study, because 1 hour a day just isn't enough! However, like Alma said, I do sin in my wish, for I should be content with the time the Lord has given me.

Rosa Emilia has been doing better emotionally. She and her husband broke up and he took the kids... it's a long confusing story, but it's been very hard on her. We've been helping her a lot this past week. In fact, I got bit by another wasp while we were sweeping in one of the rooms upstairs. My thumb grew 3 sizes that day [Jordan always loved the Grinch movie] ha ha but all is back to normal now.

I think I do remember her... I think her name is Kelly? Maybe I'm wrong. I really wasn't too social in high school, I kinda just stuck to my own thing. But the mission has surely changed the way I look at things. I remember a talk by Pres. Eyring where he told of an experience where he helped a man shovel some mud out of his house from a flood in Idaho like 35 years ago.... he said that if they were both to have worked alone, they both would have lost a spiritual blessing. I think sometimes we need to ask others to help us not cause we need it necessarily, but because they might. I don't know what that has to do with being shy in high school, but whatever...

I think this Thursday won't be any different from last Thursday :) But I'll be sure and eat something rico to celebrate at least a little bit. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Enjoy the time together.

Mom I love reading of your experiences in the TRC and in your life. I don't remember much of The Living Christ, because I really haven't reviewed it much here in Mexico. I may try to memorize it in Spanish, but we'll see. Good luck continuing with it. I know you can do it!

Derek, good luck on your talk this Sunday! I know it'll be great. If you could send me a copy I would love to read it next week :)

I don't foresee any problems in skyping on the 25th. Here in Mexico the bigger celebrations are on the 24th night. The 25th is usually a nice relaxing day. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Con muchisìsimo amor,

Elder Jordan Keele

No comments:

Post a Comment