Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Elder Jordan Keele- Nov. 7, 2011

Dear family,

We had our interviews on Thursday. We left at 7:00 am, arrived at 10:00, finished at 10:45, went to McDonalds (I was craving a big mac), then headed straight back to Molango. We didn't really waste much time. It was re-affirmed to me that I'll be here at least until December 27th. But I'm happy to hear that. This past week Dia de Muertos was celebrated. Lots of orange flowers, alters, fireworks, and other commotion. But all has finally settled down a little bit, at least for a few more days.

We're working on ordaining a member that's been a priest since he was baptized like 7 years ago. That'll help us with a lot of responsibilities and even out the load. One thing that is a little burdensome is that each home teaching companionship is assigned to at least 6 families because of so many less active and part member families that are on church records. I hope our landlord decides to be baptized soon so he can help out and receive these blessings.

I was thinking of Bro. Allen this last week because I noticed on my calendar that he had a birthday. I'll write him a card, but if you see him, please congratulate him for me! He's such a good man.

Ha ha Mexican transportation is kind of different. From Pachuca there are buses that leave every few hours, but because the road is sooo windy, usually rainy and wet and only 1 lane, the buses take about 4-5 hours. Plus they cost about twelve bucks (American bucks). Taxis leave whenever they get filled up. They use a Tsurus. It's about the same size as the Prizm, if not smaller. In back fits 3 people and in front 3 as well. Right behind the stick shift they put a little cushion for the middle person, and the feet go in with the passengers seats feet. Taxis usually make it in 2 and a half hours, because they drive insanely fast, pass everyone, and it gets pretty scary sometimes. E. Castillo and E. Pintor get sick every time, in bus or in taxi. I've been fortunate and don't feel too dizzy. Taxis also cost like $8 too, so we save a little bit of cash.

Good luck Steph! Maybe you can be the first Keele to make the basketball team :) At least out of us kids.

Life continues to move on. Investigators seem to come and go faster than normal, but we're doing our best to sift out the elect. All three families that have been baptized since I've been here, (Mary, Doricela and Lucio, and Ana) continue to make a strong contribution to the branch. It's been a blessing to be strengthened by them. We have lots of work to do though before they can be completely self-sufficient. I know the Lord guides us as we strive to be worthy of His divine assistance.

I love you all,

Elder Jordan Keele

No comments:

Post a Comment