Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Elder Jordan Keele- Oct 31, 2011

Dear family,

I don't have much time today... really. I'm in Pachuca and our taxi to Molango leaves in a few minutes. Anyway, we had a wonderful week. Ana was finally able to get baptized! It was such a blessing. She wanted to do it in the "Cascada", or waterfall of the lake. I think 1) because it's pretty ;) and 2) because she didn't want to do it in the lake because of her two cousins that drowned there. I apologize for not bringing the cable for my camera, but I didn't think we'd be in Pachuca this long. We came on Saturday for the financial meeting which was fantastic! I just love how the Church is in every aspect. We went back to Molango after the meeting. Then after church yesterday we headed straight back. Our travels aren't through yet because we have interviews with Pres. Hicken this Thursday here in Pachuca. I don't like little spaces :) but it is what it is, and we just have to make the most of it.

E. Pintor ended up coming with us because ALL of the other priesthood brethren of the branch were out of town. C´mon, there's only 5 of them.

At night it's been getting pretty cold. I have no idea what temperature though.... But in Molango we've literally lived in clouds for the last few days. We've got a couple cool pictures of some thick fog.

Oh man... I just read your amazing stories and comments on dad's class. Mom, thank you so much for sharing all of that with me.

Saturday night before heading back to Molango the sister that was supposed to talk on Sunday called us and said she wouldn't be able to go. Since we were right there with Pres. Mercado, he asked E. Pintor and me if we'd step in. I've now given four talks here in Molango, but I think this was my favorite one. On the way home Saturday night I pondered if I were to leave Molango, what would be the one thing that I would want the members to remember. The most important thing. As my thoughts wandered through a variety of important gospel topics, I kept thinking about "Clinging to the Iron Rod". That's what it was about. I didn't cry, but I can't describe the feelings I had as I closed my personal conversion story about the Book of Mormon, and about how much I love the members here. I don't know how to explain it, but I felt invincible for those few moments. I know this gospel is true. I told the members that I chose this topic and thought it to be the most important because if we constantly cling to the Iron Rod, there's no way we won't see each other in the Celestial Kingdom.

I love you all, and it's time for 3 hours of extreme discomfort. Have a wonderful week. The Book of Mormon is true, and it's one of the greatest treasures we can obtain in this life.

Elder Jordan Keele

No comments:

Post a Comment