Thursday, August 5, 2010

Elder Jordan Keele- August 5, 2010

I'll write later too, but I've only read the little top paragraphs. I absolutely love my mini-preach my gospel! It fits in my mini-scripture case along with my scriptures, so sorry Derek, but mine's already underlined and marked like crazy. But the Spanish one will be awesome too. Thank you and her so much! I forgot how she's getting them. I've been asked, and I'm sure Jessica has too a million times about where we got them. I hope things will get better for that couple and for dad. It sometimes just takes experiences like that to make us realize how much living right truly blesses our lives. For one thing, we don't have that type of problem!
My companion is still waiting for a washer to be available, so I'm just gonna keep writing till he's got one. It's so busy here! The MTC is packed to capacity. There are about 2,500 missionaries right now. It's crazy!
I took a picture of the e-mail. So I'll read your experience when I have more time, then respond later... probably in a couple hours. For now, I'll share some things that I learned. First of all, a quote that I like by an unknown author: "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten". So, if you don't like what your getting, change it!
Another couple things about obedience. Obedience is the first law of heaven. Obedience is a blessing in itself. The MTC President, Pres. Smith says that "to turn a blind eye to bad behavior, we are being disloyal, and disobedient to the Lord". Regarding disobedience, ignorance is quiet support. We have to correct others only when we're liable, and we must do it lovingly. But don't let others' bad decisions effect you by letting them do it while your just sitting there thinking 'should I say something, or shouldn't I? What would they think of me?'. When really the question we should be asking is 'Should I say something, or shouldn't I? What would THE LORD think of me?". We watched a devotional by Pres. Uchtdorf and he says that 'the key to having the spirit with you is obedience. I was thinking, we're all familiar with the scriptures- ya know, "if ye keep my commandments ye shall prosper in the land". Well, I was thinking, why is that so often said in the Book of Mormon? And what does it mean 'prosper in the land'? because surely there are people on this earth, in America in particular, that are not keeping the commandments of the Lord, and they seem to be 'prospering' just fine. Well, what is this earth going to be after Christ comes, after the millennium and everything? Now, this isn't doctrine, but I like to think that prosper in the land is talking about the Celestial Kingdom. As we know, the Celestial Kingdom will be here on this earth. Again, this may not be true, but I think for me it's a lot more meaningful to think of it that way.
My comp just found one, but we're gonna stay, so I'm still here...
Hna. Keele and I have still been seeing each other... a lot. Everyone is jealous that I get to talk to her so much :) I was able, as she mentioned in her e-mail, to sit with her at dinner and watch the Testaments. It was so awesome! She and her companion actually came by my classroom with my entire district there to do a singing door contact. She knocked on the door, talked for a sec, (of course in Spanish), and then they both sang 'Te necesito, Si', or 'I need Thee every Hour'. They did such a great job! She is going to invite the spirit to a whole bunch of people that wouldn't be able to start feeling it any other way. I can't wait to find out about her amazing experiences in Argentina.
No more word about VISA's yet, but we're doing fine. I've been debating, and praying wether or not I should try and go to the Provo Mission. No answer yet, so I guess for now I'm staying here. But that's just fine with me. Maybe that means I'm going to Mexico soon.
Well, my time is almost expired (for e-mail, don't worry, as far as my life goes I think I've still got a while, but who knows). I still haven't read your experience, but I can't wait to read it. I'll write a letter tonight and send it tomorrow morning. I love you all! I hope all is well. Have a wonderful week!
Love,
Elder Jordan Keele

No comments:

Post a Comment