Monday, January 10, 2011

Elder Jordan Keele- Jan. 10, 2011

It's been a good week as far as us working hard, for the most part. But as far as success goes, we haven't been so lucky.

Maria del Carmen got evicted I think it's called, for not paying gas for so long. So she's moved in with another of her daughters in another area. But she's still doing very well and we'll try and keep tabs on her to see her through to baptism.

I'm glad to hear the funeral went well. I can't imagine it was easy for anybody, but hopefully it can generate something in the parents of Kim. The Lord has a plan for everyone, and as difficult as it can be sometimes, His way is always the best way.

I also know there is power in going to the temple. To be momentarily taken out of this world, and to truly feel of the closeness with our Father in Heaven and our Savior. Mom, I know you've got a lot on your plate, you always have. And you know how to handle things, and how to best balance them. To forget about the useless 'things of the world', and to only focus on what truly matters. I thank you for you example in that aspect, as well as many, many others.

Wow, 7 missionaries! That's amazing. I didn't even realize we had that potential. And, I'm counting Rjay too, so really we'll have 8 :) And another Spanish speaker too! When we all get back we may as well turn our ward into the Spanish Branch.

This past week I've been thinking a lot about prayer. Imagine if we lived the way we prayed. How often do we say in our prayers, ''Heavenly Father, I don't want to be obedient. I don't care to change, and I don't need your help. I don't want the blessings you have in store for me, I'm not willing to try my hardest, I'd rather just keep sinning''. Never! Our most sincere prayers include sincere desires to change, to repent, to be the best we can be, to ask for His help, and do all we can to help others do the same. If we always, meaning every second of the day, had a prayer in our heart, we will live to be what He wants us to be.

Thanks so much for your support. I feel I'm getting stronger everyday, (spiritually and even physically, but mostly spiritually). I love devoting my life to my Savior, and there's nothing better. Have a great week, I wish the best for everyone.

Until next time! Elder Jordan Keele

No comments:

Post a Comment