Monday, January 3, 2011

Hna. Jessica Keele- Jan. 3, 2011

How are Sara and her family doing? I just read about the accident. Aww I'm so sorry!!! I don´t know what to say, but I just know that the Lord has a plan for everyone. I love you all. You´re in my prayers, all of you!! Always remember the Plan of Salvation and how wonderful and amazing it is!! The opportunity that we all have!! Never forget it! I love you all soo much!!!

I´m still in Almagro, and I´m with Hna Moreno. Hna Rivera went to Ushuaia (Tierra del fuego). I think it´s kinda funny. I've had 5 companions in Argentina, and I´ve been here 4 months. haha crazy!!

I love all the good habits I´m developing on my mission. I LOVE to study the gospel! Study the words of the prophets and the Savior!! And I love the feelings of peace and comfort that they bring me. I know the Lord knows and loves all of us personally and that he is always watching out for us. The scriptures give me a feeling of comfort when I read them when I'm going through hard times and the situation doesn´t change. It doesn´t matter because I read the scriptures and I feel comfort and peace anyway. I can face my trials with confidence and hope.

One of my favorite words in Spanish is "Esperar". It´s beautiful. It means to wait and it also means to Hope. And I love how they are together because that´s exactly what we need during our trials. Ether 12:4 talks about a better world.. well it´s not this world. To have hope for a better world we have to wait. We have to be patient. We can be confident that if we build upon the rock (Heleman 5:12) we won´t be shaken in the wind that Satan blows at us. Having faith in the Savior means trusting in him. Trust in the trials that he gives us and be teachable so that we can overcome them in the way that He KNOWS we can!

I love helping people come to understand this and gain trust and confidence in our Savior because when we have trust in him, we go through our trials with confidence and patience. I love this! It doesn´t mean that we won't have problems or trials, but it means that we can be happy during them and they are for our good to learn from them. Even when it´s hard to see that in the moment. Listening and reading the words of the prophets and Savior can be a source of strength to us. The strength that we need to overcome all our trials. That´s something I´m recognizing so much more on my mission.

I´m so grateful for my Savior and all that He went through for me. I´m so grateful for the opportunity that I have to serve Him. And for all the things He is teaching me. He is my source of strength. There are times when I just don´t understand why I´m not crying haha Especially during Christmas I was so worried about being away from all of you and everybody asking "Oh aren't you sad to be away from your family?" Well yes, but He is carrying me because I feel tired everyday and I miss you all so much. But I´m sooo happy!!!

Well, just remember how much I love you!! Keep reading the scriptures! Say your prayers! Trust in the Savior! And have ESPERANZA during your trials. Hasta la proxima
Chau,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment