Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Hna. Jessica Keele- Jan. 17, 2011

Hola familia!

I´m about to go to Caminito (La Boca) again! Wahoo! Hna Moreno hasn´t been there yet, so I get to go twice. I´ll send some pictures next week... if I remember to bring my cord. haha

We had the zone conference last week, and I got a letter from Diego and a ton of letters from the ward! It´s nice to have such a supportive ward! The ward I'm in right now in Almagro reminds me a lot of home. They´re a really strong family ward as well! And they help us so much in missionary work!! They went to the temple in Uruguay last week, and it´s crazy how much our lessons dropped. It made me feel like I was in Campana again. We also ran out of credit to call investigators so that didn´t help either, but we used a pay phone when we could. When there is help from the ward, missionary work is much easier. It´s going to be an interesting week because we still don´t have minutes on our phone until Sunday. The whole bishopric left out of town yesterday, and we have a baptism Saturday... We´ll see how it turns out!

Yesterday, church was very interesting and very inspiring!! I was sitting in Relief Society when Sister Arnold came and sat next to me. Elder Mervyn Arnold, our area president, spoke at the end of all the speakers during Sacrament Meeting and said that he just put in his gps to find a church and from there, they showed up to our ward. He also spoke a lot about the ward and how much strength he sees they have!

The whole meeting was perfect for a part member family that we found a couple days ago! The mom came to church last week alone and invited us to lunch during the week where we met her daughter Angelica, (30 yrs old) who´s not a member and her son Alexis (18), who hasn´t been active since a little after his baptism. We talked about how families can be together forever. Angelica and her mom were in tears by the end of the lesson and Angelica really wants to know the truth, so she agreed to come to church (After working a graveyard shift as a nurse!!) Alexis is a bit tougher. He told us that he´s seen some things in the youth (and his dad was a member but left them), and he doesn´t want to go back and be involved in the church. But he agreed to accompany Angelica anyway.

Bueno... the sacrament talks were given by the young men! One of them was his friend Gustavo. He talked about his temple trip over the weekend and about families. A couple other young men spoke and young men leaders and then a member of the Seventy spoke. Everyone talked about the bishop too and after the meeting Alexis asked me "Who´s the bishop?" So I pointed him out, duh! Then I realized I could do better and we went up to introduce him to the bishop. Then after we got to introduce them to Elder Arnold as well. Angelica was very interested in finding out who he was and why everyone was so excited about him being there and shaking his hand.

Overall it´s been a pretty good week :) Just a lot harder with half of the members gone and no phone! How are all of you? Love all of you tons!!!!
Hna Keele

No comments:

Post a Comment