Monday, January 3, 2011

Elder Jordan Keele- Jan. 3, 2011

I'm sorry to hear about Sara's brother. I'll be mindful of them in my prayers, and I wish the best as they figure things out. We usually learn best from our trials.

Yes, they are still celebrating. So many festivities and holidays. Los reyes will come on January 6th, then that should be it until February 14th. I've seen so many drunks it's unreal! But, it's kind of fun :)

Ha ha way to go Derek, trying to ruin the surprise with a little service! I'm glad you both had good birthdays.

What's snow? Is it that white icy stuff? Oh yeah, I'm starting to remember a little bit. I sometimes wear my jacket at nights, but usually not. I don't know what the degrees are, but it's sometimes a little chilly, but that's the worst it gets.

Where is Leslie going? and I can't believe Trevor is almost home already.

This week has been a good week. We found a new investigator, Maria del Carmen, who came to church yesterday. We first met with her on Wednesday last week. She's an older lady that lives with her daughter and two granddaughters. We felt we should first teach her the plan of salvation, and we left her with a pamphlet and an invitation to read it. When we went on Saturday she had studied the pamphlet, and knew it very well. She even had a notebook and had written a lot of things down. We were both impressed because it's not very often that someone actually opens the book after we leave. On Saturday we left her with a Book of Mormon and told her to read it at her own pace. Well, we found out Sunday that she was already in 1 Nephi chapter 13, in one day!

Later, as we were eating lunch with a sister from the ward after church, she told us of a lady that bore her testimony in Relief Society about the Plan of Salvation. She didn't know the sister, but she said her testimony put most of the women in tears. She mentioned how the lady has a son who died at age 13, 25 years ago yesterday, and how she knows she'll be able to see him all grownup someday. We found out that the lady who bore her testimony was Maria del Carmen. It was a huge blessing.

It feels so good to have people go to church, to see less-actives that we had been working with bear testimony and thank us from the pulpit. I love this work, and there's no greater happiness than when we're doing what's right, and helping others to do so as well.

Thank you for your letter, all the info, the support, and the helpful hints and quotes. The Lord is blessing me as I strive to do His will, and He strengthens my desire to work hard as I simply just pray for it.

Have a great first full week of the year! Accomplish your goals and resolutions. The end.

Love, Elder Jordan Keele

No comments:

Post a Comment