Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Elder Jordan Keele- Sept. 26, 2011

Dear family,

It's been a very interesting week, as it usually is. Lots of weird things have happened including drunk people. I won't mention much about it because it could be dangerous, and it's sad. I'll just put things this way, I've been bowed to, called master, called king, and basically worshiped multiple times. All by intoxicated people. It's weird, kind of funny, but mostly just sad. I hate alcohol with all my heart. It's such a terrible addiction, as all addictions are.

Saturday night E. Pintor and I had one of those "one more house" experiences. It was almost time to go home, and we thought, "let's just knock a couple more doors". So we did. The second door we knocked was Bernardina's. She's going through lots of difficulties right now, and we were able to invite her to read, pray, and come to church. She said she felt like she has very little faith but that she wants to gain trust in Him again. She did end up coming to church yesterday so that was a huge blessing.

Then, last night (Sunday) we had another one. We had a lesson at 8:00 p.m. with a man, and we planned to go with branch Pres. Mercado. At 7:30 we thought for a second to just go chill at Pres. Mercado's house and maybe go early to the other appointment, but remembering what had just happened the previous night, we thought to just contact a little bit more. As the Lord always does to his children who are obedient and diligent, we were blessed again. This time in finding a family with 7 eligible baptismal candidates. We're going to do everything we can to make sure both Bernardina and Sta. LucĂ­a and their families enter the waters of baptism in preparation for an eternal salvation.

Mom, Irma (an investigator that hasn't come to church yet) says hi. She was surprised to find out the sacrifice of not being with or talking to family other than e-mail that we have as missionaries, and she feels for you.

We're planning to watch conference via internet at a members house. I'll be sure to take and send pictures. I probably won't be watching it in English and won't get the privilege of listening to the messages in the voices of the prophets, but I'm excited anyways because I know it'll be just what I need to hear.

Is Nathan seriously already dating and going to dances? I'm going to have to ask for pictures or else I probably won't believe it.

Jeff and Jill both went to Salta as well? Wow, it seems like Argentina is just the place to be for our ward. Well, not for all of us, but I guess a few. Tell Taylor congratulations! I'm so happy for all these wonderful people I know that are choosing to be a part of this amazing, life-changing labor of love.

I remembered this week that Kenny Millard went to Chile as well. I don't know what mission though. Also either Bradley Fletcher or Christian Despain (two elementary school companions) went somewhere in Chile. I'm sure Derek will meet somebody I know there.
I was reading in Preach My Gospel and found a suggestion to improve my invitations to people to come to church. It suggests to ask my family members how going to church every Sunday has blessed your life. Could you maybe each write a short little response for that question? Muchas gracias.

I hope you have a productive and wonderful week too! This gospel is 100% true and there's nothing more important in all the world than sharing it with others and living it ourselves. I love you all! Dad, Mom, Jamie, Travis, Jessica, Derek, Nathan, Stephanie, Dallin, Tammie, the hamsters, Lady, all my friends, and all my extended family, and anyone else who just happens to read this and doesn't fall into one of the previous categories! (I know, I'm weird).

Elder Jordan Keele

No comments:

Post a Comment