Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Elder Jordan Keele- July 1, 2010

Hola amigos y familia!
I do see Jessica all the time, I love it!
Sundays are awesome because we have so much personal study time. Basically my Sunday schedule is 1 hr of study, breakfast, 1 hr of study, priesthood mtg, 1 1/2 of study, lunch, 1 hour of study, district meeting, temple walk/pictures, sacrament mtg, 1 hr study, dinner, 1 hr study, fireside, films (like the Testaments or the Joseph Smith movie), then 30 min. of planning, then back to our residency. That's every Sunday. Some of those study times we can use with our compaƱeros. It´s such a great time to bring yourself closer to your Savior. I´ve grown so much just from one Sunday at the MTC. I know it´s not just for missionaries, you all back at home can make this happen! Set aside even just an hour or 2 for personal study. Choose a topic, or just go where the Spirit takes you. It´s amazing the places the Lord will take you when you give him the wheel.
We get ice cream every Sunday and Wednesday. It's from the creamery and it's sooo good. My favorite so far has been the Caramel Crunch. D-licious!
Well we just heard the Mexico City North-West Mission, as soon as it's official, will take control as the smallest mission, but who knows, that new Utah one very well could beat it out.
Derek, I'm so proud of you for going with the missionaries. Pay close attention to how the investigator feels as you teach them. The key is to get them closer to Christ, that's all there is to it. Keep going with them. It'll just get you more and more anxious and excited to go.
Sis. Dalton was our devotional speaker on Tuesday. It was probably one of the greatest talks I've ever heard. I have a bunch of notes, and I can't wait to share those thoughts and experiences with you all someday.
I can't wait to hear about where Marcos is going on his mission. It's nice to think of them, and especially to remember the special experiences we've had with them in Argentina, at home, in Salt Lake, and here at the MTC. I'll never forget that.
Thanks for all the support from everyone, it's nice to know that we're being taken care of.
On Sunday we had a devotional. In it they introduced some awesome new stuff. First of all, they've made the 'District II', which is the preach my gospel dvds. They're so good, and I can't wait to continue watching them to learn how to be better teachers. They also told us about the new mormon.org website. It'll be released on July 7th I think it was. But on there, everyone can make a profile. Essentially it's a mormon facebook. But people can go on there, tell about your experiences and read the stories of others. They suggest everyone make a portrait/profile. I think it'll be really helpful. They're also coming out with new ads for the Church. Normal people with normal lives, with extraordinary conversion stories. They're like long commercials. Keep an eye out for those.
Well, I'm sorry my time is short. Again, I wish we had a longer time, but it's good enough. Thanks again for everyone, you're in my prayers everyday. Stay strong! Love, your missionary Elder Keele P.S. My entire district has been wondering about two things. If you could do some research and let us know that would be awesome. First, how does dry cleaning work? And second, one that's more relevant, what's the difference between a sin and a transgression? Maybe there's a talk out there somewhere about that. Also, there's a few Elders in my district that would like to sing for a devotional sometime. I suggested I could play the piano for them while they sing, but we don't have a song. They're asking their parents too if they know of any good songs that would be good for 4 people to sing. Les Amo!

No comments:

Post a Comment